Wasshington High Buck hunt?

Yes, there are several folks who chase the blacktails up in the Olympics. There is better info and more guys who do this hunt on the Hunt Washington board.

Like others have said, scout, get in shape, get off the trail, try to learn where the outfitters drop guys, don't try to outdistance folks, outsmart them. Have a bear tag in your pocket.

I don't expect you'll find a 250 to 300 pound deer. The biggest we took was around 80# boned out. Just takes a few trips between the truck and camp. Its a labor of love.

I’d recommend everyone try it out Atleast once. I’ve been doing it yearly since ‘07. Be prepared for any and all weather
6b191be8fb93618a5dd37b76caeb0fda.jpg

9fcd65a329787f2078a13d3d90f68cc5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
With all the snow that the Cascades got this last year when you think some of the higher elevations will be accessible for scouting? July?

I figure mid July most years. One day scouting trips start mid July most years (dodging snow fields)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would definitely suggest reading some of the posts on hunting-washington.com. And if you like banter and have some time on your hands I would recommend reading this thread.

Learn how to use google to search a specific website (i.e. site:hunting-washington.com high buck) as it is usually better than the forum's search engine. More than anything this will help inform you of where not to go, the places that are so popular people will name them on a public forum.

Check out PNWild on youtube and watch their high buck hunts. Just don't expect the same level of success!

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
Would definitely suggest reading some of the posts on hunting-washington.com. And if you like banter and have some time on your hands I would recommend reading this thread.

Learn how to use google to search a specific website (i.e. site:hunting-washington.com high buck) as it is usually better than the forum's search engine. More than anything this will help inform you of where not to go, the places that are so popular people will name them on a public forum.

Check out PNWild on youtube and watch their high buck hunts. Just don't expect the same level of success!
Copy, I definitely am on that forum. I'll check out the thread! And I watch PNwild and listen to their podcasts!

Bachto

WKR
I did, check out my thread about my hunt here:

Check out the video my buddy did for it as well:

OP
Jason277

Jason277

WKR
I did, check out my thread about my hunt here:

Check out the video my buddy did for it as well:
That is Awesome ! Thank you for sharing!

Bachto

WKR
Also I guess technically it wasn’t during the high buck season but where I hunted is open during that season. I was just chasing elk in Oregon in September lol