Watch alarms

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for a new watch this year as the alarm on my old Timex just doesn't cut it. I need a watch with a louder alarm than what I have. I am a pretty light sleeper, so maybe I am getting hard of hearing. The only things I would require would be:

1) LOUD alarm
2)Good nightlight.
3) prefer Cordura bands
4) long battery life
5) Low profile

While I would like something with a low profile, I have toyed with the idea of a Casio Pathfinder or similiar, but this would be on the top end of size. The only time I wear a watch is when I am in the mountains, but thought it might be useful to have a watch with a few more goodies on it. I bought a Suunto several years back for a great deal, but could not get past the size so I moved it out pretty quick. Looking for quality, but nothing much over $200 so I will have tolook around for deals. What's out there that you guys like and fits the requirements?

amp713

WKR
I have the lacrosse, the back says the model is XG55. Picked it up from cabelas about $80 2 years ago. Still has the same battery, does temps, barometric pressures, elevation and compass. As for alarm idk what loud and whats not but its woke me up no problem so far! Def a great watch for hunting and alot less than a Suunto.... Idk if they are still available but if so its worth getting IMO.

The back says to go to lacrossetechnology.com/XG55 for more info if you wanna check it out!! Has pics of it too...

I'm watching this thread as I also need something to wake me up that is loud. It also needs to be small and light.

I have the lacrosse, the back says the model is XG55. Picked it up from cabelas about $80 2 years ago. Still has the same battery, does temps, barometric pressures, elevation and compass. As for alarm idk what loud and whats not but its woke me up no problem so far! Def a great watch for hunting and alot less than a Suunto.... Idk if they are still available but if so its worth getting IMO.

The back says to go to lacrossetechnology.com/XG55 for more info if you wanna check it out!! Has pics of it too...

How's the battery life?!? And does the alarm have a snooze feature? Can't believe I haven't seen this before as I've looked at a LOT of watches that include barometric pressure for LR shooting and have never seen this watch mentioned...

Mike

OP
C

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
Turns out my next project is right across the street fro cabelas. This could be dangerous.

amp713

WKR
Havent had to put a battery in it yet...... Its two years old.... As for snooze im not 100% sure but i dont think so i think its off or on ha

OP
C

Cabman

Lil-Rokslider
Good to know about the Casio not being any louder than my Timex. Need to go put my hands on a few different models.

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
My Garmin gps has a alarm in it and the gps dose not have to be on to work. Just set the alarm. I think it has a snooze setting.

chevy_dog

FNG
I use a Timex Ironman, and it never leaves my wrist. I have had this particular one for over two years - I shower with the damn thing on. It is my alarm clock every morning. Best $30 I have spent. Comes with three different alarms, stopwatch, and timer. Since I wear a watch all the time, I have had problems with the bands failing, but this one has held up the best.

I have been using a Casio Pathfinder for going on 2 yrs now. It is a little large for my taste but I got used to it quickly and the alarm feature I appreciate the most is the vibration/silent alarm. In fact this feature was what caused me to go with this watch, primarily. The band configuration seems specific to the Pathfinder and thus there don't seem to be many options for replacement when the original band eventually fails but after almost 2 yrs the original band is holding up and shows no sign of wearing out... The vibration feature did scare the snot out of me the first few times it went off!! Nothing like waking up with the taste of adrenalin in your mouth.

Angie123

FNG
Cheap battery powered travel alarm clock, with a push button light:) I gave up watches 14 years ago, I have a great internal clock. Although it seems to be off a bit lately, I have been waking up at 3am for awhile now....Hubs never goes anywhere without the timex triathlon. Kids use the cell phone.