Watch Choice for Backcountry Hunting?

Maybe I just got a bad one, but mine fell apart, then quit working after a couple months. I had it repaired AT MY EXPENSE, it quit after 48 hours.
Really not happy with them. Hope they will just replace it.
+1 on the Suunto Core, had one for like 10 years now and changed the battery I think once. For GPS I just use my phone with ONx Maps app with downloaded maps of the area I'm going into, super easy and always pulled up my location fast and accurately without phone service.

I use a timex expedition camper. I’ve put it through hell, and it keeps on tickin’. Best part- $35.

Badseed

WKR
Garmin. The fenix 5 and 6s are lightyears of the original fenix watches. I used to have a fenix 2 and the battery would die by the end of the day if you used the watch at all. After doing a lot of research I ended up buying a fenix 5, non sapphire unfortunately, and it has been great. The battery lasts for about 2 weeks which is plenty long enough for me. Plus, there is a huge support team and private people developing new things to use on the watch so you can basically set the watch up to monitor or track anything you want. I have 12 different variables tracked on my watch face which is very handy and I don’t have to worry about having to look for the info. The gps track back feature is nice but really puts a strain on the battery. I have had the watch for about 6 months and so far I do not have a single negative thing to say about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CJF

WKR
I wear a timex ironman 24/7.....but the new Garmin Instinct Solar is at the top of my list.

fwafwow

WKR
I've got the Garmin Instinct (not solar). It worked really well in CO last year, including to sync with my Garmin inReach Mini.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
I have an Apple Watch 5. Gonna bring it for compass function and time. I have no ideas how it’s gonna go but I’ll update if anyone cares.
if anyone has any app recommendations for it for land nav I’m still looking for better app than just the stock compass