Watch Help

I know not really hunting related but I am looking at a Apple Watch for my workouts run and hikes. I am not a very savvy tech person so I am just looking at music, tired of headphones and cords, track heart rate, calories and distance. My buddy has the apple series 3 42mm and seems to like it. but I'm clueless to all of these things

IMO the Apple watch is awesome for collaborating with Apple apps and an iPhone. But if you're wanting a watch that you can use in the backcountry (no cell service), something like the Garmin Fenix is far superior. The battery lasts over a week compared to a day and you can use it to navigate without having your phone nearby. I think the heart-rate tracker is better on the Garmin too.

zacattack

WKR
The I watch is pretty good for normal day to day and exercises. I use mine a lot. It has an app already to track heart rate, calories burned and movement, Distance, and there are others like “intervals” that let you program numerous workouts and will keep track of them. As far as motivation it reminds you every so often to get off your butt and move.

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
Garmin instinct solar is what I have on my wish list, don't have apple products so can't comment on the apple watch. The below review is for the older non solar instinct.

OP
B
Man thanks guys! was looking and didn't realize apple 3 series has a cellular option for texts calls etc. Hell I have a phone for that and can save 100$

Tennessee

FNG
I have been extremely happy with my Garmin instinct and how it syncs to my phone and other Garmin apps. It has compass, altimeter, Barometer, sunrise/sunset and lunar to name a few. Some of the other watches have such a large watch face it's like having a can of dip on your wrist. It will last weeks before needing charged if you don't use GPS a lot.

Use it for hiking, hunting, running and fitness.

They just released the solar version like he mentioned above.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think the Instinct solar is on my Christmas list :) Have been wanting to get a gps/altimeter watch for awhile, battery life has always held me back- I think with solar that should ease that concern. It will also sync with my inReach which is another plus