WTS WATCH OUT FOR MANDON381

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Watch out for Mandon381. I have bought and sold a lot on rokslide and almost got got today. User is mandon381
He had me email his “step dad” at [email protected] and when I went to send $ via cash app the app flagged it and warned me. In hindsight there were lots of red flags. Dodged a bullet.

Chett09

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what where some of the red flags you noticed? always good to be educated 👌

OP
O

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
His choice of words was a little off; but I took it for him being a little back woods.

He was very eager to close the deal, hitting me up every morning, but again I took it for a guy who was hard up like he said he was.

His cash app name didn’t match his email address and I couldn’t find his name on google. When I googled his email address (after) I saw he had been scamming on some other forums.

... and my spidey sense were going off but I didn’t listen.

archp625

WKR
Rating - 92.9%
13   1   0
Cash app should have been another red flag. Only do PayPal. I will do personal check as well but let them know the item doesn’t ship until the check clears. The check either comes or it was a scam.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Well with a name like ‘old coyote’ I would’ve expected you not to have fallen for such a trap to begin with lol.

Chett09

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just bought a bino pack from a user today....used paypal but still hope people are genuine and not trying to scam

Bkdc

FNG
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
One common scam is when you WTB and a random person with limited posting on the forum sends you the email of a relative who is selling the item.

someone tried to scam me and then sent photos of a product that had previously been sold by another forum member. The supposed relative gave me a sad story that he could no longer get out to hunt because of an accident that left him paralyzed in the legs.

OP
O

old_coyote

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
One common scam is when you WTB and a random person with limited posting on the forum sends you the email of a relative who is selling the item.

someone tried to scam me and then sent photos of a product that had previously been sold by another forum member. The supposed relative gave me a sad story that he could no longer get out to hunt because of an accident that left him paralyzed in the legs.
That is literally exactly what happened. And the supposed injured person also claimed to be a pastor and had all sorts of bible verses in his email communications. I’m an idiot.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That is literally exactly what happened. And the supposed injured person also claimed to be a pastor and had all sorts of bible verses in his email communications. I’m an idiot.
old coyote ending up like Wil-E-Coyote watch out for a box in the mail from Acme!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

T28w

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
i just bought a bino pack from a user today....used paypal but still hope people are genuine and not trying to scam
I’ve bought quiet a bit of stuff on here with zero issues. Lot of good folks on here buying, swapping, and selling. It’s somewhat rare to see someone getting scammed. Use PayPal goods and service and just pay the fee.

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
If I’m ever suspicious, which in all my dealings on rokslide has only been once or twice, I have them send me a photo with a request I make, like hold item with one thumb up or take a photo of item with a peace sign...or the ole photo with your name and date will usually suffice....scammers, in my experience, never physically have the item so they can’t get around that type of thing....they almost always stop responding immediately

Glad it worked out for ya tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hey this recently happened with me, only it wasn’t a scam and I have bought over 1200$ in od kifaru stuff from the guy. I didn’t get any red flags from him though.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I find this forum to be one of the more "scammer-free" classifieds out there, but they still exist. WTB ads are a magnetic invitation for scammers unfortunately.