WTS WATCH OUT FOR MANDON381

Hamp1127

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I'm fairly new here and have purchased and sold a few things. I have posted WTB and haven't had much response, guess I know why now. How else are you supposed to let people know what you're looking for?

wyosteve

WKR
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've often wondered why 'protocol' says the buyer has to send money first. If I was suspicious of an item, I'd tell the seller to send it to me and I'll send the money when the item arrives! Just my thought on a cold winter day!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm fairly new here and have purchased and sold a few things. I have posted WTB and haven't had much response, guess I know why now. How else are you supposed to let people know what you're looking for?

Sometimes its best just to keep searching the classifieds daily for what you want, its bound to be listed at some point. WTB is fine just make sure when contacted you pay with paypal “goods and services” not “friends and family”. Look back on the the member who contacts you’s posts, you can tell a legit member. 98% of Rokslide are good solid people. Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rodney747

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I’ve bought quiet a bit of stuff on here with zero issues. Lot of good folks on here buying, swapping, and selling. It’s somewhat rare to see someone getting scammed. Use PayPal goods and service and just pay the fee.
I second this. JMO but 3+ % extra gives me great peace of mind!

jbwright

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I’d encourage everyone to give feedback on a transaction. Even if it’s just writing “good buyer” (if it was a smooth transaction) and you (the seller) have street cred (ie you’re a veteran RokSlider) can be really helpful when buying/selling to someone new.

Hamp1127

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
As the new guy, I appreciate the insight. I have definitely been a little to careless, but thanks to you all I will be more diligent.

Ratbeetle

WKR
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I’d encourage everyone to give feedback on a transaction. Even if it’s just writing “good buyer” (if it was a smooth transaction) and you (the seller) have street cred (ie you’re a veteran RokSlider) can be really helpful when buying/selling to someone new.

This for sure. I have probably 5 times more positive transactions here than my feedback would suggest. I wish more people left feedback.

jbwright

WKR
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
This for sure. I have probably 5 times more positive transactions here than my feedback would suggest. I wish more people left feedback.
same here. I’ve messaged a couple guys I’ve sold stuff to recently and basically said hey man, if you got a minute leave me some feedback on RS. Especially being a new guy (joined Jan ‘20) I gotta earn some street cred!

mcimes

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I will deal with almost anyone without much worry about losing my money - just pay with Paypal Goods and Services. I have filed ~10 claims against sellers in the past 15 years and gotten my money back every time. Even if the seller says FnF just add 3% and pay GnS. 3% is cheap insurance.

Just pay the 3% and dont worry. I would never pay with any app or service that does not offer buyer protection. That is asking to be scammed.

Suga

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep Mandon381 hit me up here. After trying to sucker me on LRO and Long Range Hunting. Of which he was banned from. Funny thing is - he picked up right where he left off communication wise from when he got banned on the other sites. Bold moves!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
One common scam is when you WTB and a random person with limited posting on the forum sends you the email of a relative who is selling the item.

someone tried to scam me and then sent photos of a product that had previously been sold by another forum member. The supposed relative gave me a sad story that he could no longer get out to hunt because of an accident that left him paralyzed in the legs.
If you guys get this or someone saying email my uncle here, click report on the message and we can look at the message and take care of it before they get someone else.