Watch question

Hey all, looking for a watch that can track steps as well as having an altimeter for when I head out West to check elevation.

Going to primarily use it while working out so it needs to be waterproof, and ideally can connect to the my fitness pal app.

Having trouble finding one that isn’t $500.

Would like it to have an alarm as well, not sure if that’s possible….any ideas?

I had a Fitbit last year but went to a Garmin Instinct this year. I got the Instinct on sale for like $150 and the battery life is awesome. Connects to various fitness apps and health tracking apps. Altimeter, step counter, etc as well.

chadcharb

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a garmin fenix 5 sapphire on sale for $375. Awesome watch with great battery life. The instinct solar is pretty awesome to

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
You can find a Garmin Fenix 6 for around $350 if you don't mind silver and black. The instinct is another option as is the Vivoactive 4. Sunnto is not currently a great option. An Apple watch SE fits your description, but battery life is terrible and it needs to be charged nightly. I do not know much about the other brands.

dmozer74

FNG
Check out the Coros Apex. I have the 46mm and love it. It has an altimeter that relies on the in-built barometer. The battery lasts 2-3 weeks with regular intense GPS workouts, longer without any GPS workouts. All for around $300.

Throwing my two cents in for Garmin as well. I've been wearing a Fenix 5 for the better part of a few years now and love it. It gets beat up in the woods, the gym, and work. Battery is great, and it has tons of bells and whistles while still staying simple.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Garmin Instinct (solar) was the first time I purchased anything but a regular watch- I was really missing out. Use the altimeter a bunch, can track all my hikes, can even rudimentarily navigate with it- keeps track of all kinds of stats- wish I would have jumped on the bandwagon earlier!

JBdbvyl.jpg