Water Bladder for Bikini Frame

mtbshark

WKR
Hey all so I am kind of a neat freak. So I am curios about your alls thoughts on putting this water bladder pouch in-between the bikini frame and HC bag.

To me it looks like a great option vs just a bladder inside your bag.

Attachments

• 79-338-thickbox.jpg
    79-338-thickbox.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 174
Yep. Already working on a hydration pouch that can be mounted to the top of the bikini frame that will hang between the bag and the frame. Having a seamstress custom make it for my 2L Source bladder. Should be pretty slick when its finished.

OP
mtbshark

mtbshark

WKR
Ironman why does it seem strange?

I like to use hydration bladders and i like to have them secured, so i found one that has a the ability to be integrated into new new frame bag combo.
so since this site holds lots of other gear tinkerers i thought i would see what others think about it.
Now i am excited to see that someone also thinks similarly to me and has started a home remedy!

What's it weigh? The whole point of the bikini amd high camp is lightweight. From what I've noticed some of the police/ military gear is very well built but kind of heavy. I am not ounce obsessed by any means but I wouldn't wantto add half a pound when hanging it it the bag works pretty well. Does the high camp mount to the frame differently than the DT series? If not it seems something between the bag and the frame would be a pain to get to.

I have debated thr idea myself on my DT bags of just hanging it between without any special holder.... but the fact that I'd have to remove the load lifter straps and stuff to fill it stops me.

Seems water bladders are awesome but never convenient in the pack.

Joe

Halleywood

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking of getting the XL chamber pocket from Kifaru to hang on the outside of mt DT frame. I would gues it would hold a 2 or 3 liter bladder

wapitibob

WKR
Couldn't a guy just sew a 3 ltr pouch and hook it to the outer side of the new HighCamp using the new clips? I see some burst potential with it between the bag and frame.

dotman

WKR
Why not just use an MSR bag and a lash strap? This way you could put it anywhere.

OP
mtbshark

mtbshark

WKR
I hear you all on the weight.
The source website claims that that bag and bladder weigh in right around 12.8oz., bag= 8.8oz and bladder= 4oz.

i am sure that i can find or have made a lighter bag like Like found, but i really an a fan of the source bladders. The one inside the bag that i started the post with seems perfect for this application do to the large thin size (max width of 2.6"). As far as bursting goes i dont know what you all are doing in the hills but that is a non issue for me.

Joe you are to right on how awesome hydration bladders are and how they are not so convenient in packs!!!

I have used some great technical packs over the years and most of the time there is at least one feature that has me scratching my head, wondering why its there or what its for. So I purchased a (hopefully) comfortable frame and a big blank bag to start my (hopefully) perfect for the time pack. I need a bladder when in the hills, I also need it out of the way and close to the body. After all a full 100oz bladder weights 108oz.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman