Water Bladder idea

jm1607

WKR
I'm running my bladder between my frame and bag on my reckoning, so it's not buried in my bag..

My plan was to use my Hiker Pro to pump water through the drinking tube using an adapter between the mouthpiece and tube.. I hate removing my bladder..

What do you guys think of something like this where I could pump the water directly into the bladder into the 2nd adapter?

Amazon.com : Source Outdoor Widepac Dvide 3-Liter Hydration System, Transparent Blue : Sports & Outdoors

Why? I guess I've seen and heard of alot of hoses breaking under pressure or other failures where the hose meets the adapters, etc.

Last edited:

oldgoat

WKR
That actually has two separate reservoirs, each hose goes to an isolated reservoir. I think you can just pull the bite valve off the hose and stick the hose in the port in the filter and fill the bladder. Pretty sure I did that once with mine. I've since ditched the bladder with drinking hose in favor of a bladder without and refill my nalgene bottle. Seems to work better to me and don't have the issues with a drinking hose and bladder getting yucked up because I like to drink sports water mixes. Oh, and one bad thing about trying to pump a bladder full inside your pack is you can't have much of any compression on it with the hiker pro.

I've done that with the Sawyer squeeze filter. It works good as long as you can fill the squeeze bag and you manage your air. (make sure there's not a bunch in squeeze bag that gets transferred to your bladder)

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv done it with a hiker and quick disconnects. Works fine if you like drinking from a tube.

I ditched the tube and drink from a bottle mostly now and use a large bladder without hose.

JDZ

WKR

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I like that idea. Would probably work pretty well. I've never had issues breaking the camelbak adapter pumping with the Hiker Pro in through the single tube option, even when the bladder is still in the pack (though there's been enough room to shove my hand down to disconnect the main hose and connect the pump hose).

Flashmo

FNG
My set up is:

Bladder between bag and frame. Katadyne quick connects off Amazon (cheaper as an add on item). Quick connect positioned about 4 inches up from the bite valve on shoulder strap. Hiker Pro to fill.

At home I have a short piece of tubing that mates up with my big Brita filter with a quick connect.

Bladder comes out of the pack every couple months to clean it.

When I am in a low water area I carry a second full bladder in the pack. When needed, I unhook a couple side straps and slip it between bag and frame without taking the empty bladder out, or even hanging the second bladder on anything. Snake the second hose out and just clip it in the same velcro as the first hose, and go.

Works just fine.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I put the link about 6-8 inches from my bite valve.

Quick connect positioned about 4 inches up from the bite valve on shoulder strap.

What exactly are you guys saying here? I keep the link on my Hiker Pro tube all the time and it links directly into my bite valve for filling. Not sure what you're describing here.

JDZ

WKR
What exactly are you guys saying here? I keep the link on my Hiker Pro tube all the time and it links directly into my bite valve for filling. Not sure what you're describing here.
Your bite valve might be different than mine.

c7319cc91a01df2c313574aee7d39cb3.jpg

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is how I have mine run also up from the bite. I'd be interested in seeing pictures of your setup 5 miles

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'd be interested in seeing pictures of your setup 5 miles

Here it is. I always wondered why so much stuff came in that link package, when all I needed was the single adaptor from the pump hose to the bite valve.

Attachments

• 100_3373.jpg
    100_3373.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 100_3372.jpg
    100_3372.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 43

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Oh I've never seen a valve with the mouth piece that's slick

That's the Camelbak Milspec 3L bladder. I've had it about 12 years now and only had to replace the o-rings once so far, but CB sent me extras that I keep in my pack. Not sure if they make this one anymore, but their newer one looks similar here, except that hose looks about 1/2 as long as mine. Not even sure how that short hose would work. Amazon.com : CamelBak 90352 Omega Water Reservoir, 100 oz., Black : Hiking Hydration Packs : Sports & Outdoors

Mi_fiveo

WKR
I do this as well. My only tip is to pump until water starts coming out of the katadyne hose and then connect it to the water bladder tube. This eliminates any excess air trapped in the tube that would of ended up pumped into the water bladder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord