Water bladder on bino harness

BCoker

FNG
Does anyone carry their water bladder on their bino harness with a backpack? I'm thinking of crafting one up using one of the lower profile bladders so that if I drop pack to put a stock on my water is with me all the time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

fishdart

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't bought it yet, but Kuiu has released a bladder holder to attach to their PRO bino harness.

OP
B

BCoker

FNG
Thanks I'll have to look at those. Right now I've been leaning toward the Source Tactical Razor because it looks like it is really low profile. Right now I am using a shoulder holster I made mashed up to an alaska guide creations bino pouch and thought I might be able to adapt that to fit

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
The kuiu water holder is awesome and has a bit of space for other stuff like a half day worth of food.

Additionally with very easy modification (sew two small straps) it works with other bino harnesses as well. I wore it with my AGC (although the back support was a little wide to fit through the hole in the pack it still worked ok) and it fits perfectly with the outdoor vision harness. I’m sure there are some others it will fit with as well.

Pretty tough to beat that set up for a drop the pack and go stalk for a few hours minimalist rig.

I have b a buddy that just bought the kuiu setup, it’s be about perfect for dumping your pack for a stock or if your hunting from the truck kind of spot and stock... that’s be a good starting point for ideas

MattB

WKR
I hike with the Kuiu quite often, pretty nice piece. It will fit about 2.5L of water in my Big Zip and I can add some food/ personal gear and strap a jacket or poles outside.

ZachP

FNG
Last trip I found myself connecting a nalgene to my bino harness, which worked, but also interested in an upgrade!

OP
B

BCoker

FNG
Thank you for all the ideas. After looking at all of them my plan changed slightly. I bought a Source Tactical ILPS bladder (
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008YNB324/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_5CEjFbWRDG0KQ) because it looks like it is really thin due to the width - it's actually made to fit inside armor plate pocket on body armor. My hope is that I can make a carrier to mate up to my pistol holster and bino harness and still be thin enough to comfortably wear a pack. I'll be sure to post pics when I get it all done, if i can find time with all the quarantine honey-do's.

calvb1

FNG
OP
B

BCoker

FNG
Just a quick update, The source bladder came in and with the extra width this thing is thin and it doesn't look like it will have that SCUBA tank on your back feel. I have a design drawn up and plan to start the cutting and sewing this weekend depending on what events come up. I am thinking and hoping that when done I can attach it to the shoulder holster harness straps for a holster I have made. I had previously made some buckles from .090 kydex on the harness to attach the top straps of my bino harness and made it so that if I ever got around to this project the top shoulder strap from the bladder pouch could attach too so that I could wear it all the time under my pack. I'll post some pics up if I get around to actually making this thing.

OP
B

BCoker

FNG
Hydration bladder pouch is done, shoulder straps done - all I have left are the straps to attach to my shoulder holster/ bino harness mashup. The blaze patch is attached via velcro and can be pu tu on the inside of the flap if wanted. I made the pouch tonfit two different bladders from the same line. I ended up putting carbon arrow shaft stays on the sides to keep it from sagging. Now to put it to use.20200925_203333.jpg20200925_140837.jpg20200925_202333.jpg20200925_202345.jpg20200925_202355.jpg

OP
B

BCoker

FNG
Finished the entire rig, just in time for a hunt next weekend. I have worn it on a few 2 mile walks full - sans side arm - under my loaded pack and it was comfortable. We'll see how it goes on a real hunt next week.HolsterStrapHydoCarrierBack.pngHolsterStrapHydoCarrierConnectionBack.pngHydroCarrierBack.pngHydroCarriereRight.pngMagCarrierAttachement.pngHolsterAttachement.png

Fatcamp

WKR
Ive found that simple hydration packs can be the winner, cheap and lightweight:

This looks like the direction I will head for next archery season. Going to binoculars on a simple chest strap as well.

OP
B

BCoker

FNG
This looks like the direction I will head for next archery season. Going to binoculars on a simple chest strap as well.
Looks like it would be a good setup. The only reasons I went the way I did were to lower the profile under my pack and have less sets of straps on my shoulders.

Fatcamp

WKR
Looks like it would be a good setup. The only reasons I went the way I did were to lower the profile under my pack and have less sets of straps on my shoulders.

I'm done carrying a pack frame for archery. Or chest harness. I really want to simplify and quiet down my spot and stalk setup. My area requires being able to move fast and silent, and I think a simple bladder harness will help.