Water bladder recommendations

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have a water bladder that they would recommend. I always buy the cheap ones at Walmart and end up with a wet pack.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using the Camelbak Long Neck 3L bladder for the past 15 years......it's great, and very easy to refill it with a filter through the drink tube.

Seth

WKR
Platypus. I use a 2L hoser for short training hikes and a 3L big zip for hunts. I have had the hoser for over 12 years with zero issues. I like the quick disconnect on my big zip because my filter plugs right in without pulling it from my pack.

Copen1822

Lil-Rokslider
I have a bunch. Camelbak, platypus, source, and hydropak. Hydropak is my favorite, Source also very good.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
For those still coming to the thread, my addition would be: MSR Dromedary (especially the old kind with a light Cordura-style outer) for bulk storage/camp cartage, and Source for a hydration/hose-connected drinking bladder. Both have been leakproof and even drop-proof for me ... and work really well together as a system.

E2Eastman

FNG
I run a collapsible 1 liter bottle then pair it with a 10 liter MSR Dromedary bag. It is a slick set up as my bag stays dry, I can have a lot of water if needed, or less if I dont want to carry the weight.

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
For those still coming to the thread, my addition would be: MSR Dromedary (especially the old kind with a light Cordura-style outer) for bulk storage/camp cartage...

Those Dromedary bags are also excellent warm weather pillows. I wouldn't suggest it in freezing temps, but I've never found a more comfortable place to lay my head after being out in the swamp, etc.

MFury

FNG
Osprey Hydraulics - quick detach hose is easy to mange and insert inline filter, and the whole top opening (vs a bottle style screw cap) makes is much easier to fill and clean.

I'm also in the market for a new bladder. I have a gift card for REI so really wanting to keep the purchase there. I would've bought a 3L Platypus but REI doesn't carry it, only the 2l.

Also, there's a lot of bad reviews of the Platypus with the full open top. I know older Platypus bladders were great, but sounds like the newer Big Zip is a downgrade.

I like the idea of an fully open top for better cleaning and drying. What recommendations does people have specifically for 3L with a fully open top option?

Anyone use the CampX 3L water bladder? on Amazon for 19.99... I just got it because sometimes the cheap stuff works great! will put it to the test on my next scouting trip.