water filter

sasquatch

WKR
anyone know of a good battery or 110v powered water pump/filter to use to purify water at a base camp vs hand pumping it?

OP
S

sasquatch

WKR
It’s an option, just didn’t know how good it’d work

I have thought about it and figured I could hoist the water source way up in the air to Increase the head pressure to the filter for more flow
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Backyard

WKR
It flows a lot faster than you're thinking. Only takes a few mins to do a 2 liter bag. But hey, if you're at basecamp and not worried about any added weight, why not?

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
Gravity filter is where it's at. I built a system with a large (2 gallon) dry bag and a Sawyer Mini and we went from pumping about a gallon of water a day on our group hunts which took about half an hour (and was barely enough water) to about 4 gallons a day and all you have to do is pour water in a bag. Our system empties fresh water into MSR Dromedary bags which we then hang and have a spigot of fresh water at all times. We use all 4 gallons a day and I can't imagine going back to pumping.

All this to say: the system is incredibly robust. If I had access to 110v, I would not want to introduce the complication and noise into a system that is so bomb-proof. We bring an extra prefilter and an extra Sawyer and have never had to use either. A quick backflush every few gallons gets things flowing like new.

Gravity Water.jpg

PA Hunter

WKR