• Pills

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phaseolus

WKR
I just finished a backcountry week with my new MSR Guardian. It filters water very fast compared to any other pump I’ve used and was a great choice for supplying three guys with water. The con is that it is heavy at 17 ounces.

Steripen if its just me. If i'm hiking with a hunting partner I carry steripen and he carries my Platypus gravity works 4L. When we are running and gunning or just hiking around we use the steripen to keep our bottles filled. For camp water we fill up MSR dromdary bags at the creek /water source and bring back to camp and just keep dumping water into the gravity works filter. works money. Always have clean water on demand.

ianpadron

WKR
Katadyn BeFree blows the old Sawyer junk out of the water (pun intended) by a wide margin. I've used both extensively backpacking/hunting over the last 5 years.

Wassid82

WKR
squeeze and gravity depending on how much water I'm trying to filter and how fast

fshaw

WKR
Have Katadyn ceramic a Pur Hiker and a Steripen that I got last Christmas Just did a weekend fishing trip and took the Steripen. It’ll be in my pack this fall.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Had sawyer mini for years, got over scooping water and squirting into bladders. Have been running the MSR trailshot for two years and I’m done with it - it’s nice for filling a bladder and sucks some thin water as a hybrid pump, but damn is it fussy with priming. I’ve had multiple backpacking trips where the thing seems to lock up and won’t prime, which isn’t a hard concept, and I’ve reviewed the little tricks MSR says to do. Love the “shake” backwash. So done.

Looking at putting a Be Free on my 3L hydropak seeker, or Steripen. I always carry tabs for camp water or aqua Mira.