Water from a seep - safe to drink?

KBC

WKR
We had a well drilled a few years ago at the cabin and had it tested. It was just slightly too high in arsenic to drink but were told it would be ok to wash dishes and shower with. Last year we had it tested again and it now has something else in it that I can't remember the name of. Now we can't even use it for anything until we put in a filtration system.
Things change, it's probably a good idea to test it every so often.

Warmsy

WKR
Take my advice. Dont drink un-purified water. You'll be sorry. I sure was and it almost killed me. Literally.

Flying home from Alaska I felt like someone was pounding a spike from my grundle to my chin with a 5 pound sledge.

Then I finally manned up and went to the doctor and had to crap in a dish and scoop it from the dish into a vial for testing.....

Ya, that really happened and giardia had set in badly.

Doctor said it was the worst case he had ever seen and I likely would have sustained permanent damage from it if I had not come in when I did...

Also, FYI I technically didnt drink unpurfied water. I washed some dishes in creek water....So it doesn't take much.
On that note, I pumped water through katadyn filter, and had explosive diarrhea for three days. I think thre water was heavy in minerals, but the area had recently been grazed by sheep, too.

TheGDog

WKR
This thread reminds me of those that promote drinking your own urine if you get stranded and don't have water. They always mistakenly say urine is sterile. Well, sure it is, until hits the urethrae, then it could be the death of you in such a situation. So, can you do it? yes. Is it smart, heck no.
Hmmph.. maybe YOUR Urethra is sketch! j/k Bubble hehe!

Wrench

WKR
I have had giardia more than most people ever will. I lived that hell for about 4 months......no Bueno.

I was lucky enough to have had a contaminated coolant tank on a milling machine that would spray on me every day at work.....took a long time to figure it out since I figured it was coming from home.

You don't want that sheet in your life.