Water Purification Tablets

wiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I am wondering what tablets you guys recommend? I have found several different one and I am hoping to find ones that do not have a bad aftertaste.

I used iodine tablets (various brands sold in small glass bottles) for years before switching to Aquamira drops (chlorine dioxide) last year. Even using the "clarifier" tablets after iodine, my water always had a slightly bitter taste. I haven't noticed any taste effect from Aquamira. Aquamira drops take a bit more time/effort than iodine tablets (have to measure and mix the two parts then wait a bit for the solution to activate), but it's worth it to me to have better tasting water.

Have you considered a Steripen for water purification? I can't help you when it comes to tablets/bad taste - but I'm a big fan of the UV water purifier. Reusable and good for most water sources (either clear or cloudy and effective against microorganisms).

hikenhunt

WKR
I used Portable Aqua in the past and it seemed to taste fine, but I wouldn't recommend tablet treatment. Any type of chlorine dioxide treatment requires 30 minutes for most pathogens but requires 4 hours to treat for crypto. I was tired of waiting/planning that far in advance to have drinkable water. I'd recommend a Sawyer Squeeze.

cyocham

FNG
Have you considered a Steripen for water purification? I can't help you when it comes to tablets/bad taste - but I'm a big fan of the UV water purifier. Reusable and good for most water sources (either clear or cloudy and effective against microorganisms).
Following

Wrench

WKR
I have the steri pen, but just can't get myself to trust it. I use the aqua mira drops because I get to watch it react and get added.... it has to work.

I agree that the drops do not taste bad.