Water storage when Truck Camping

Thanks everyone for the advice. Sounds like I either have to gamble with an economics container or pay for quality.
Correct decision matrix. The question I ask myself "how important is water to me in the backcountry?"

Randle

WKR
4 of these in a milk crate has worked for me , if one leaks you still have 3 gallons. I save them and refill for the season. Screenshot_20220601-071827_Chrome.jpg

fmyth

WKR
4 of these in a milk crate has worked for me , if one leaks you still have 3 gallons. I save them and refill for the season. View attachment 415819
I freeze these and fill my cooler or 7cf freezer with these before I leave for my archery/early rifle hunts. During archery season these will usually still be frozen after 7-10 days. I drain the water off of them as they melt.

Ive gone to using 1 gallon screwcap jugs, mostly Crystal Geyser brand and refill when empty. They are much easier to pour out of and if one springs a leak, you are not out all you water. Also, 4 fit in a milk crate.

I have a few of the scepter water jugs and they are real tough. Kinda pricey but cry once.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HQZWH5P?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_S5H5ZP64RZD7FJZ0JQF5

I used to use the cheap blue ones but they had problems standing up to the bouncing around in the truck and trailer on the forest service roads and would deform. To their credit they didn't burst open but I can't see them holding up over more then a couple of trips.

These are what I use. They take a lot of abuse and you can get a spigot for it to use to wash hands etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My truck camping water storage bags sprung a leak this weekend. I’m thinking about getting a hard sided container for the added durability. Anyone have a recommendation for what they use? So far I’ve found the common aqua-tainer jugs, but reviews talk about the faucet leaking.
I live those jugs, the plastic faucet sucks.

The hole in the cap is 3/4 npt so I always just get a real valve for them.