Waterfowl blind

Can anyone recommend a waterfowl blind for 2 people? Currently looking at this Versa blind

OP
I’m new to Waterfowl. However, the majority of my trips I foresee myself hunting are rivers, ponds and lakes in Montana. I like some of those A frames, but must seem to be made for 3-4 people. Trying minimize bulk and weight since I’ll be packing in. That Versa Blind can be squared off and I’m assuming that could potentially accommodate 2 people..

I’m new to Waterfowl. However, the majority of my trips I foresee myself hunting are rivers, ponds and lakes in Montana. I like some of those A frames, but must seem to be made for 3-4 people. Trying minimize bulk and weight since I’ll be packing in. That Versa Blind can be squared off and I’m assuming that could potentially accommodate 2 people..
If you are packing in Don’t over think it. Burlap, natural cover and zip ties. Get a good back drop to break up your outline and throw some brush in front of you. Some cover between ppl from above keep you from having big holes for birds to look down into.

Sit still and don’t stick your shiny face towards the birds

Tule seats are also very effective.

That momarsh looks pretty slick but I wouldn’t make that investment or carry the weight. You’ll need to brush it in anyway.

Tanglefree panel you make them tight and small.

If you are packing in Don’t over think it. Burlap, natural cover and zip ties. Get a good back drop to break up your outline and throw some brush in front of you. Some cover between ppl from above keep you from having big holes for birds to look down into.

Sit still and don’t stick your shiny face towards the birds
Excellent advice. I use a jet sled and lay in it with my head resting on a dry bag.
Low profile and natural cover so close shots. Plus I use the jet sled for hauling decoys.
When using the boat, if I have to work on the outboard like changing the water pump or prop,
I put the jet sled underneath to catch any parts that might drop.

I take 2 jet sleds as they stack easily and my lab stays warm and dry in the other jet sled.
Plus with the dog behind me she can mark the birds and not suffer from muzzle blaast.

naptime.jpg

Tangle free panel blinds are nice. If you will always want a back, the avian x a frame is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheels

WKR
A frames say they are for 3-4 people, but in reality 2-3 max. If you are just looking for front cover, you can get decent options without paying for the Momarsh name.
Mud it up in the summer and grass it prior to hunting, add some local vegetation depending upon where you are hunting and you're good to go.

Tangle free panel blinds are nice. If you will always want a back, the avian x a frame is great.

I dont like any rectangular or high profile shape. The lower profile the better ideally covered with the same natural vegetation as the surrounding area. That strategy has worked well for me.

I dont like any rectangular or high profile shape. The lower profile the better ideally covered with the same natural vegetation as the surrounding area. That strategy has worked well for me.

You are not wrong but I have noticed around here, if you are in the middle of a field, the higher profile blinds actually do better. Kept having birds flare in the layout blinds. Started using two a frames in a row right in the middle of a cut field and they eat it up. Its almost like its so big and obvious that it looks like its supposed to be there, versus several small low pro blinds in a row. The blind is brushed very well and looks like a small ditch row of weeds.

KurtR

WKR
You are not wrong but I have noticed around here, if you are in the middle of a field, the higher profile blinds actually do better. Kept having birds flare in the layout blinds. Started using two a frames in a row right in the middle of a cut field and they eat it up. Its almost like its so big and obvious that it looks like its supposed to be there, versus several small low pro blinds in a row. The blind is brushed very well and looks like a small ditch row of weeds.

Yep same thing here. Right in the middle of a no cover soybean field and have them dumping right in.

Oregon

WKR
A frames say they are for 3-4 people, but in reality 2-3 max. If you are just looking for front cover, you can get decent options without paying for the Momarsh name.
Mud it up in the summer and grass it prior to hunting, add some local vegetation depending upon where you are hunting and you're good to go.

Not true at all. We hunt 4 people frequently out of a tangle free panel. Big guys. It's tight, but very doable. No rectangular edges if brushed right.
My suggestion for 2 people(what we do) is 2 tangle free solo blinds. Lightweight and invisible. Here's a pic of this mornings hunt in a Panel blind behind birds. I think it disappeared nicely. The 2nd pic is 2 solo blinds side by each. Pretty much in the wide open.
Edit: just realized you were referring to A frames. Sorry.

IMG_5775.jpegIMG_3071.jpeg

Last edited:

Wheels

WKR
Not true at all. We hunt 4 people frequently out of a tangle free panel. Big guys. It's tight, but very doable. No rectangular edges if brushed right.
My suggestion for 2 people(what we do) is 2 tangle free solo blinds. Lightweight and invisible. Here's a pic of this mornings hunt in a Panel blind behind birds. I think it disappeared nicely. The 2nd pic is 2 solo blinds side by each. Pretty much in the wide open.
Edit: just realized you were referring to A frames. Sorry.

View attachment 656240View attachment 656241
I was referring to the Avain X a frame which is only 8’ wide.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Panel blinds are generally 15-20 pounds. Not ideal for pack in hunts unless you're using a cart. Do enough waterfowling in various scenarios and you'll end up with a shed full of options. I have swamp seats, 4 layout blinds, a Lucky Duck 2x4 A-frame, four backboards, and four ghilli blankets. Plus the camo netting with grass attached for my Beavertail Stealth 1 man duck boat. For most 1 man hunts I take the swamp seat or a ghilli if I'm not in the stealth.