Waterfowlers?

Anybody else addicted to waterfowling like myself? I'm a backcountry hunter first and foremost.... but a close second almost even a tie for me is waterfowling. It is also my biggest obstacle for me thinking about moving west. Losing all the awesome waterfowling I have here in michigan.... Anyone else a crazy goose/duck hunter like myself?!

mtmiller

WKR
My buddy likes the high country, but prefers the marsh.

31.jpg

29.jpg

13-1.jpg

5.jpg

Sometimes he even likes an exotic or two.

3-1.jpg

Ozz08

WKR
I'm a marsh rat first and foremost! I canceled my first archery elk hunt in favor of a week chasing ducks and geese in Saskatchewan!

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody else addicted to waterfowling like myself? I'm a backcountry hunter first and foremost.... but a close second almost even a tie for me is waterfowling. It is also my biggest obstacle for me thinking about moving west. Losing all the awesome waterfowling I have here in michigan.... Anyone else a crazy goose/duck hunter like myself?!

ITs funny you mention that. I am orginally from Ontario and Moved to vancouver Island BC 4 years ago. Ontario has what i would consider VERY good waterfowling as you should know cause we are just north of you. I was/am a hardcore waterfowler and didnt get into this mountain game till 2 years ago. I thought, frick im gonna move to the big game mecca of the world but all i will have to shoot is stinking seaducks! Boy was i wrong. THe pacific flyway is FLOODED with birds, and the best part is there is ZERO pressure compared to back home.

Heres a few shoots from last year.

Nov232011.jpg

P1010526.jpg

P1010655.jpg

And of course being a easterner, couldnt pass up the stellar sea duck shooting!! More fun the cans and bluebills and 10 times dumber!
P1010564.jpg

Last edited:

velvetfvr

WKR
I love duck and goose hunting, won a Baretta 12 gauge from a competition. I try to average 30 ducks a year.

lorneparker1

Lil-Rokslider
Mt miller,

I just noticed the duck in the top of this pic. What thell is that? a tamey shoveler?

13-1.jpg

MOcluck

Lil-Rokslider
Mississippi flyway here i am a canada goose fanatic, but we shoot our far share of ducks too, just caught the elk bug and ended up on this awsome site, still love the birds i like the interaction with the calling and not having to be scent free/being able to bs with friends, and burning lots of powder. Nice dog but it ain't no chessie!

mtmiller

WKR
Mt miller,

I just noticed the duck in the top of this pic. What thell is that? a tamey shoveler?

13-1.jpg

No spoon bills for me. If the pup has to bring back a spoonie, shoot me first. Tundra swan in this pic. Draw for MT.

BTW, these were all over decoys. I played fair.

Camera stayed in the pick-up until after the boat came home.

The west has some of the best duck hunting in the country! move west!

Yep, I thought I was gonna be out of the game once I left the midwest to move to Idaho... Boy was I wrong! I had some awesome hunts last winter!

attachment.php

Here is the only reason I duck hunt, cause it makes my dog happy :) She loves it!

attachment.php

Ozz08

WKR
If you really want some great waterfowling and can ignore the liberals come further west! CA has not just the best duck hunting in the pacific flyway but some of the best in north America! Every year ca is #1 or #2 in the nation in total waterfowl harvest and believe it or not we shoot more mallards here than any state except Arkansas! The Sacramento valley holds more birds per square mile than anywhere in north America. Not many people know what a waterfowl Mecca we have here in California.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lots of birds on west coast, I remember when I was single, no kids, and off during winter, I killed almost 200 ducks one season. Last years tally....0!

JG358

WKR
Lots of birds on west coast, I remember when I was single, no kids, and off during winter, I killed almost 200 ducks one season. Last years tally....0!

Thats the same number I bagged last season. I think my Cheesy is about ready to run away and find an owner that sees a bit more time in the field!

Foldem

WKR
One thing I'm definitely going to miss about Oklahoma, greenheads over water! The west has some good waterfowling as well though.

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

DSCN1181-1.jpg

DOAway2.jpg

DSC00907.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

IMG_0907.jpg