Waterproof glove

Currently looking for a good waterproof glove. Something relatively light weight and useful.

I own a ton of good raingear but my hands always suffer. I usually wear a light wool glove and just get them wet but kinda have the shits of that.

Any suggestions?

Wingert

FNG
It depends on what activity you're doing while wearing the glove. If you want dexterity with your hands, might consider checking the Kuiu Axis glove. Sealskinz is another option but bulkier.

If you're ok taking the glove on/off to do things and want a heavier glove, then you might consider a heavy rubber glove. Google search has a number of options if you search for Rubber Ice Fishing Gloves.

excaliber

WKR
I've been searching for a lightweight waterproof glove for a long time. The problem is there are so many seams around the fingers and this is where it will leak. The Gore-Tex membrane itself will never leak. It's the seams that get you every time.

*zap*

WKR
For something that is not 'light' per say the OR Arete is excellent and they come with a light liner glove. Very good gor-tex outer shell that also works well if you wear it without the liner.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Or came out with one I've been looking for for a while. I haven't fully out it through it's paces yet but so far so good. Not too hot, nor is it a loose shell.
Apparently they are waterproof liners, so I don't think they'd be great for chopping wood, ECT. But wet glassing, hiking or sitting in a tree stand where it's not crazy cold this should be perfect

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Brian Fahs
Thanks for the input guys!

My primary usage would be treestand hunting with a bow or spring turkey hunting with a shotgun.

Also I have huge hands. I usually wear size 2x gloves.

RazAlGhoul

Lil-Rokslider
I got some cheap (seriously) neoprene (2mm) gloves, Green Glacier is the brand (sold by Fred Meyers) and I got them extra large so if it is cold, as well as wet, I can wear some thin wool or fleece gloves under them. They are black as night, and no, I don't intend to spend any money or time making them reflective. I am already reflective enough, and if they don't see ME it isn't likely they are going to see my hands. FWIW

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
Get a pair of gloves with Outdry waterproof/breathable membrain. Mountain Hardwear used to have Outdry gloves...I think Columbia still has them. Kuiu was using Outdry at one time. It is way better than Gore tex. The outer material doesn't "wet out" and saturated.

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
What did you end up going with? I'm looking to invest in a pair as I've recently moved from an arid area to an area with (much) more precipitation.

I would say if we talk about the gloves, especially waterproof ones, for the most part I don't like to wear them for two reasons: they are quite heavy and uncomfortable, and 90% of such gloves look ugly and don't fit to other clothes at all. But if you need such gloves for working in heavy rain or water, I can recommend waterproof clothing https://sportsgearmetry.com/best-waterproof-golf-shoes/. A special quality here stands out for shoes that will last you for many years even in the most rainy and muddy weather. I worked with such shoes for some time as builder in shitty weather, and they withstood it very well.

Last edited:

jd1006

WKR
I’ve tried for many years to find a waterproof glove that was durable and kept dexterity. It doesn’t exist. You are better off thinking about gloves as a system and having options. Glassing mitt for when stationary, REI Gore tex over mitt for when really wet. Cheap Mechanix glove for brush busting. fingerless wool for everything else.

There’s nothing worse than spending $50 plus on a glove and getting a tear in it. Better to stay cheap with the gloves that get the most work and having options for those times you need to stay dry or warm.

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
I wear nitrile gloves under my thin wool gloves. As good an option as I have found to keep skin dry and somewhat warm and also have dexterity still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk