Waterproof Rain Gloves Recommendation

shinyboat

FNG
Trying to balance thickness of glove (for quick dry), fingers vs mitt (for warmth & less seams), dexterity in the woods / shooting, coverage at the wrist, waterproofness, and big enough for my giant hands.

Every year for the last several years, we will hunt several days in sustained rains in the low 30s and my hands get wet and cold every time. Last year I tried REI goretex mitt shell with separate wool liners. Not warm enough and still got wet. At least it’s really easy to dry out that combo.

I also ride MTB all winter in the rain. Ive used the split combo above and my Burton Gore Mitts. I generally like mitts better because dexterity usually isnt much better with fingered gloves except for when it comes to pulling a trigger.

I tried on Endura SL Pro gloves at a bike shop yesterday and they feel great so I am considering them if I can find some reviews that say they really are waterproof.

I haven’t tried $100+ hunting gloves yet, but am willing to try. I find many xxl gloves are too small so I usually buy a bunch if from the internet so I can test fit.

Recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jolemons

WKR
Lightweight waterproof mitten shell over glove of choice. I use OR shell myself.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

If you’re talking extended time in super wet conditions without a heated tent/trailer/cabin, then the liner glove covered by a shell type glove is a must. Your gloves will always get wet eventually because invariably you’ll stick your wet hand into your dry glove. That being said, I’ve run KUIU’s Kenai glove for years and they’re still fully waterproof and I never want for warmth in them. Also evaluate your wrist cuff to glove interface. Water likes to run off your coat and into gloves.

OP
S

shinyboat

FNG
If you’re talking extended time in super wet conditions without a heated tent/trailer/cabin, then the liner glove covered by a shell type glove is a must. Your gloves will always get wet eventually because invariably you’ll stick your wet hand into your dry glove. That being said, I’ve run KUIU’s Kenai glove for years and they’re still fully waterproof and I never want for warmth in them. Also evaluate your wrist cuff to glove interface. Water likes to run off your coat and into gloves.

The Kenai glove isn’t on their website. What is it not similar to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
Showa 282-02 Temres.
They are based on a commercial fishing/work glove modified by an outdoor adventure racer. His use was extreme backcountry travel in AK. He'd tried all kinds of stuff, but settled on the Showa 282 but wanted a closable gauntlet, and got them to add one and not make them smurf blue.

They work great, and are only about $25. They stretch well, form fitting, fleece lined. I've yet to find something better for wet/moderate cold, and that includes Black Diamond and OR offerings at $200.
Just a little thick or pistol work (but still doable), but great with rifles - including my M4.

Dmann

FNG
Showa 282-02 Temres.
They are based on a commercial fishing/work glove modified by an outdoor adventure racer. His use was extreme backcountry travel in AK. He'd tried all kinds of stuff, but settled on the Showa 282 but wanted a closable gauntlet, and got them to add one and not make them smurf blue.

They work great, and are only about $25. They stretch well, form fitting, fleece lined. I've yet to find something better for wet/moderate cold, and that includes Black Diamond and OR offerings at $200.
Just a little thick or pistol work (but still doable), but great with rifles - including my M4.
I totally agree with this. I own a pair and I've not had any issues.

Wrench

WKR
I've not tried that showa, but it looks promising.

My system is atlas / showa 370bl as it is warm enough for me most of the time and offers killer dexterity. I also carry packable down mittens which are unreal warm, and lastly the OR mitten shells. I can mix and match as needed and pay very little weight/bulk penalty.