waterproofing lowa

OP
D
i used nikwax on my latest elk hunt
thought i had goldfish in my boots
never had this problem before

Pagashaw

FNG
Ive always used snowseal with good results but after seeing this thread I might try something else for my lowas.

Mosby

WKR
I use nothing but the Kennetrek boot wax on my Lowa's and Zamberlain's. Some waterproofing will destroy the glue on the boot rands and the rands separate from the boot. Kennetrek doesn't. I can normally find it for around $15 a jar. I put it on my boots after the season and right before the season starts then, as needed.

I put Snowseal on my cheaper boots fwiw. Edit: didn't mean to imply Snowseal isn't good. I like and use it frequently, just not on leather boots with a rand.

Last edited:
I use nothing but the Kennetrek boot wax on my Lowa's and Zamberlain's. Some waterproofing will destroy the glue on the boot rands and the rands separate from the boot. Kennetrek doesn't. I can normally find it for around $15 a jar. I put it on my boots after the season and right before the season starts then, as needed.

I put Snowseal on my cheaper boots fwiw.

This! Sno seal for leather gloves, kenetrek wax for boots.

mlgc20

WKR
For my Lowa Renegades I will clean them and then spray with the Kiwi Boot Protector. After sitting overnight, I use Frye Leather conditioning cream. I do this after every trip, and they still look almost new.