Waypoint Clones

The Waypoint 2020 is really intriguing me. Could be the huge marketing push right now, but it checks a lot of boxes for me. Factory 6.5PRC, carbon stock and barrel, R700 stock inlet. Would be sweet if Tikka came out with something similar. Sig Cross has kind of been a crap shoot. Maybe they will get their stuff together and repair the rifles reputation with widespread discounts to get them out to the masses.

I know that there are higher end factory or production rifles, but I’m not in the market for 2500 and up before glass.

what would your “dream” factory rifle have?

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
It's been a while and no one answered your question so I'll play. You mentioned you'd like a Tikka with similar qualities. Tikka Stainless Lite ($800, 29oz action weight), MPA Altitude Stock ($630, 29oz), Proof Prefit ($1000, 42oz). You now have a semi custom Tikka for ~$2500 that comes in at ~6.25lbs. I took about 5 minutes to research, I'm sure there are lighter stock options. I think the Waypoint is probably a good rifle.

My perfect factory rifle is the M70 Extreme Stainless. Mine is 8lbs with scope which is light enough for me, I can shoot it offhand well, and it's in .270 Win which I really like.

OP
Shootinsurveyor
Thanks for the reply. My Tikka Superlite in 6.5CM will handle the business for now. Would like to get a 6.5PRC turnkey setup at some point. Waypoint would check all the boxes for me. I almost always buy used guns, but a used 6.5PRC would have to be inspected pretty carefully. Hopefully can find a used one for 1500-2000 when I look.

AkRyan

WKR
Does anyone feel like the waypoint LOP is long? I was ready to buy one when I saw it on the shelf until I shouldered it.

AkRyan

WKR
I'm in the same boat as you. I have a tikka 7-08 barreled action sitting in my safe and I want to build a sig cross/fix clone but I just can't find a stock I'm happy with. 90% sure I will end up with a cross and be money/time ahead.