Ways to remove smoke smell off sleeping pad

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
Greetings friends. I just purchased a klymit sleeping pad off this site and I didn't ask if it came from a smoke free home... well, you guessed it, it smells of smoke.

Are there any ways to remove the odor?

Geewhiz

WKR
Jump in your truck and head to walmart. If you go to the cleaning isle there should be some industrial strength cleaning solutions. Walk right past that to the back door and outside to find a dumpster to throw it in. Then go buy a new one that doesnt smell.

I've made the same mistake before too and unfortunately it seams like once its there you will never be able to get it out.

Sorry to be a debby downer

OP
JAXNRYLZ

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
LOL thanks for the response, not exactly what I was hoping to hear but thanks for the chuckle.

Geewhiz

WKR
Ive tried all kinds of things, and most of them help but it doesnt seam to ever completely go away. The worst part is then it starts to stink up your other gear.

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of smoke are we talking about. Cigarettes smoke, camp fire smoke, contact buzz smoke ?

To be honest with you, i use a Bee smoker to eliminate human oder in all of my gear and myself. Deer, bear , yotes and the such do not seem to mind wood smoke. Its something they are accustomed to smelling as a lot of people burn wood for heating but I do not know what the effects woukd be on animals in remote areas.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No experience with sleeping pads but ozone can get rid of smoke. If you can figure out how to get it in some container with a smaller ozone generator (car size) then that would do it. Unfortunately if you don’t have one, it may cost more than a new pad.

IDLassie

FNG
There is a product out there it's by a company called MARC neutralizer.
It's a spray. Just spray the item that is smoke covered then let it air out a long time.
Friend sold his pickup and he is a smoker. Told him to lightly spray the truck and crack the windows. He had to meet the guy a couple hours away and the guy couldn't smell any smoke and bought it.
Works on wild land smoke, cigs and skunks.
It's not a bad smell just strong and over powering to people.

Mosby

WKR
Frebreeze makes a odor removing spray for clothes you could try. I would probably spray it with some soapy water and wipe it down well. I have a clothes line under my porch where I can hang stuff for days without being in the sun or weather but still get freeh air.

I would then probably collect some pine needles and cones and put them in a bag with the pad. Leave it in there for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't work donate it to the Salvation Army and buy a new pad.

Rich M

WKR
Febreeze might work, locking it in a closet with an open container of vinegar might help too. Sticking it outside for a week or two might help too.

Smoking really is a disgusting habit and stinks up more than just someone's breath. Saw a kid buy a pack of smoke for $9.34 the other day. I remember my sister and cousins smoking for less than $0.50/pack. I never did, bleck!

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
@boonez40, definately cigarette smoke
My buddy works at a Motel and they have an Ozone machine that they use in the rooms for when they have extended guests that are on the uncleanness side of personal hygiene.

He recently used it for a couple hours on his daughters car before trading it it. I am just going to be honest, his daughter is a pig, disgusting in all aspects. She is so lazy, she can't get out of her own way.
Car smelled like new. Surprised me cause is smelled like a portapotty.

Hang it up in the smoke stream of a campfire for a few hours. It will stop smelling like cigarette smoke and start smelling like a campfire. I hate ciggy smoke smell, but every time I get close to my hunting pack or open the plastic tub with my hunting gear in it I get a whiff of aspen campfire, which instantly transports me to cold clear October evenings high in the mountains. Ahhhhh

ohoopee

WKR
I use an ozone machine to remove all odors. I have used mine for
mildew and smoke smells. I ran it in an old car I bought for several
hours with the car running and A/C on circulate. Got rid of all the
odors.

OP
JAXNRYLZ

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy works at a Motel and they have an Ozone machine that they use in the rooms for when they have extended guests that are on the uncleanness side of personal hygiene.

He recently used it for a couple hours on his daughters car before trading it it. I am just going to be honest, his daughter is a pig, disgusting in all aspects. She is so lazy, she can't get out of her own way.
Car smelled like new. Surprised me cause is smelled like a portapotty.

Sounds like the first wife!

OP
JAXNRYLZ

JAXNRYLZ

Lil-Rokslider
Hang it up in the smoke stream of a campfire for a few hours. It will stop smelling like cigarette smoke and start smelling like a campfire. I hate ciggy smoke smell, but every time I get close to my hunting pack or open the plastic tub with my hunting gear in it I get a whiff of aspen campfire, which instantly transports me to cold clear October evenings high in the mountains. Ahhhhh
Definately would rather smell wood smoke than cigarette smoke!

mlgc20

WKR
I bought a golf travel bag off eBay that had the worst cigarette smoke smell I had ever smelled. I used a ton of Fabreeze and left it outside in a couple of rain storms. That took away most of it. Then I did some Dawn and a garden hose. That finished it off. Much to my surprise.