We all know your spotting scope is worthless without a good tripod

VANDAL

WKR
Definitely not quality but very light...$30 Vanguard camera tripod. If you have a light wt spotter they work well. I usually go through one a year. I spend my money on other equipment

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Same as Aron.....it has been flawless for about six years now. It was very pricey, but the longer I use it, the better the investment.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Been running velbon tripods for the last 4 years. Like them for the weight, pack small, able to extend to standing height in a pinch and they don't break the bank.

littlebuf

Banned
i just picked this one up off ebay where i got a pretty good deal.its certainly not high end but for the price i figured id give it a shot.first impressions are good.pretty lite,right at 4 pounds and very good construction. the pistol grip head is very smooth with a solid feel when glassing. folds up pretty compact too.ive yet to take it in the field as it just showed up but like i said for the price i was willing to give it a shot.well see how it goes once my T1 shows up in about a week.then ill get it up in the hills

http://www.amazon.com/SUNPAK-620-523-CFT-PX2-523PX-Carbon-Tripod/sim/B003PF544O/2

IAHNTR

WKR
Yes, I had it and it was junk. upgraded to the Ridgeline and liked it, but it's a little heavy. Went to the Velbon that Luke mentioned.

What Velbon model did you go with? I am looking for one to film turkey hunts with a small camera and to use with a larger spotter.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Many probably won't consider it "quality" but it has served me very well over the last 2 seasons. It's carbon fiber Rocketfish 47" and weighs in at just over 2 lbs with the Promaster pan head and also has twist leg locks which is a other + IMO. + it only set me back about 70 bucks including the head. Only thing that could be better is the head, probably going to be upgrading it before season...

sneek-ee

WKR
Slik Sprint Pro with ball head. 2 lbs. Also, it's nice IF you ever are standing, over 60 inches.

muleyman

Lil-Rokslider
Curtis C , I think it's the panning head it has separate locking levers for panning and tilting. It only weighs 11 oz. and I've had it for three years with no problems.

B

bearguide

i did a comparison on tripods, it is under / which tripod ??? / and heads under / tripod heads compare /