We call these guys Varmints

B23

WKR
I've always wondered, is there any kind of limit on those things and what the hell do you do with all of them after you shoot em?

robtattoo

WKR
I've always wondered, is there any kind of limit on those things and what the hell do you do with all of them after you shoot em?

I don't believe any state has a limit on hogs. Here in TN, we can't hunt them on most public land (there are a few exceptions) even during incidental seasons, but on private ground? No season, no limits, no limitations.
I'll eat every one I can get!

I don't believe any state has a limit on hogs. Here in TN, we can't hunt them on most public land (there are a few exceptions) even during incidental seasons, but on private ground? No season, no limits, no limitations.
I'll eat every one I can get!

You do have to have a mandatory permit in tn, don’t forget that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lskok

FNG
Here in TX you can hunt as many as you want, at any time, without a hunting license (on private land). You can even hunt them from the air.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
They tear up my pastures, so we keep plenty of tags on hand!

Attachments

• IMG_8532 v2.JPG
    IMG_8532 v2.JPG
    796.5 KB · Views: 17

Yotehntr

FNG
Haven't done any hog hunting. I have an invite from a buddy but haven't been able to collect...yet! Good job on the hog!

Zappaman

WKR
Just ate some hog tenderloin tonight!

Once hogs get in it's REALLY hard to kill them out. 20 years back we did it over about 8 months using traps, hunt invitations (lots), night vision, and laser sited pistols. The high fence, tall grass 900 acre ranch there in South Texas got a hole in it for about 3-4 weeks-- they got in fast. The deer corn bill doubled (by tons) over a few months until we finally got started serious on them.

Nailed three last month down in Texas again using my new gun light I am designing for rifles/ARs. It's still in beta stage, but it lit the field at 3am out to 300 yards (x 25 degrees) and we saw ALL the pigs off that one light. Using a 6.8 SPC, had several down in under 10 seconds. I am lucky to have several places down that way (family and friend's ranches).

AND... as "family" removing varmints, we don't need the out-of-state license. But I always buy a "five day" general hunting license when hunting others (or state) lands down there. Up here at home (Kansas) we have a hog problem down by Oklahoma and they don't want us shooting them (even land owners). Kansas better get right on that SOON and open it up... or we'll have them here closer to all the farms.

Of course the military boys get to shoot them from helicopters on the border, but it's the farmers, ranchers (and their kids) AND good hunters who CAN keep them at bay if our state legislators will get with it here. SO frustrating to not let those (who know how) take care of the land THEY know and love (wherever you live).