We cannot let the cure be worse than the problem

The number of infected and the number of deaths are increasing exponentially daily. The number of infected is obviously a result of testing rather than a reflection of reality. States started putting shelter in place orders in effect when there were 200 people dead in this country. Every day we have more states jumping in. Anyone saying that we’re going back to business as usual in a couple of weeks is lying to themselves. It seems eminent to me that 10’s of thousands will be dead within 2 weeks. To think that states that shut stuff down at 100’s of deaths are going to reopen at 10’s of thousands of deaths is wishful thinking at best. Hopefully New York’s healthcare system keeps up with their cases. Then maybe that will alleviate some of the uncertainty and fear. Add to that some advancements in treatments and domestic production of healthcare products and maybe things will be looking up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Death rates are not going up exponentially and there aren't going to be tens of thousands of deaths. No one place is even close to tens of thousands of deaths. Out death rate is really low for the number of cases we've had. If you look at it on a population basis it is really low.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

The Greatest Spectacle in Motorcar Racing
My wife took my F-I-L in to hospital today for a biopsy. Hospital waiting room was empty. Parking lot was empty. Hospital rooms were empty. Doctors and nurses who would normally be performing 12-15 biopsy’s per day are doing 2 or 3.
no elective surgery means no need for Zimmer or other companies to be making and selling prosthetic hips/knees/joints. Or medicine to be made and sold. which is shutting down companies.
All the while, the hospital is darn near empty in anticipation of “an onslaught” of COVID-19 cases. Hospitals are losing money left and right. Everybody is losing money on this deal.
I‘m just hoping our taxes don’t double next year to pay for all the grant money the .gov is handing out....

Okhotnik

WKR
I agree mostly...I think China's problem is more than likely way worse than they let anyone know and they have been battling it since December. More than likely even earlier than that. I don't believe 1 thing that comes from China.

bingo. Difficult to base our response and recovery on China. They have been stealing billions of dollars of year from us in technology, medicine, manufacturing, business etc. Plus the daily hacking into our personal databases, financial institutions, businesses, universities ....

Okhotnik

WKR
DOTUS response has been largely incompetent and clearly he's out of his depth. At this point he just needs to get out of the way and let the folks that know what they're doing handle this. The less he says and tweets the better. There's still a chance to get some semblance of a handle on this thing but every day it's going to be harder to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

Yep we need open borders, free health insurance and college education for tens of millions of illegal aliens, solar powered airplanes, another 10 million H2b foreign workers , more trannies twerking for children in public libraries, more Chinese wind mills to defeat the virus and get our economy back on track.

Death rates are not going up exponentially and there aren't going to be tens of thousands of deaths. No one place is even close to tens of thousands of deaths. Out death rate is really low for the number of cases we've had. If you look at it on a population basis it is really low.

This situation is in it’s infancy. Do you really think we’re going to get out of this without 10’s of thousands of deaths?

chama350

FNG

I think it may still be too early to know for sure, as death rates are a lagging indicator.

*zap*

WKR
I sure hope that "It seems eminent to me that 10’s of thousands will be dead within 2 weeks" is not going to happen.......I wish everyone the best. This is going to hurt me financially pretty hard....already has. Trying daily to find a way to make lemonade out of the lemons I have been dealt.... :love:

wysongdog

WKR
This situation is in it’s infancy. Do you really think we’re going to get out of this without 10’s of thousands of deaths?

Yes I really do think, hope and pray daily that we will get out of this without that massive amount of loss of life.

brsnow

WKR
Ideally we are over preparing, what do I always hear, better to have a gun and not need it...

Imagine just how far along things would be with this mess had focus not been on an impeachement crusade?

Those in the intellegence circuit KNEW this virus was out there in late 2019, my opinionated guess is November. They also KNEW full well what was going on in China.

Had a proactive approach been made then, it would have put reasonable progress toward this "fabricated" crisis much further ahead than things are right now, a more methodical approach would be in place instead of the knee jerk rxn shelter in place and stay at home decrees from the various Caesar's in the states.

Cases in mass amounts are showing up because of rampant testing. Before they weren't looking for it, now they are. It became a real issue because now they say it is. This virus did not plan in secret to launch a D-Day style of invasion in March...

brsnow

WKR
Imagine just how far along things would be with this mess had focus not been on an impeachement crusade?

Those in the intellegence circuit KNEW this virus was out there in late 2019, my opinionated guess is November. They also KNEW full well what was going on in China.

Had a proactive approach been made then, it would have put reasonable progress toward this "fabricated" crisis much further ahead than things are right now, a more methodical approach would be in place instead of the knee jerk rxn shelter in place and stay at home decrees from the various Caesar's in the states.

Cases in mass amounts are showing up because of rampant testing. Before they weren't looking for it, now they are. It became a real issue because now they say it is. This virus did not plan in secret to launch a D-Day style of invasion in March...

I don’t think the Democrats are in charge. Plenty of resources available if they knew then.

Not been to either place, but I have no doubt both places would a gun to fight this virus, on their own people.
Totalitarian govts have concerns not for individuals but for their societies and a couple “sacrifices” would mean nothing if it solved their greater good

brsnow

WKR
Not been to either place, but I have no doubt both places would a gun to fight this virus, on their own people.
Totalitarian govts have concerns not for individuals but for their societies and a couple “sacrifices” would mean nothing if it solved their greater good

I figured as much....