Weak spine nock right or left?

iahunter08

Lil-Rokslider
I am wondering about all your experiences with weaker or heavier spine arrows i seem to be getting a right tear with my weaker spined arrows anyone else have this experience? I have always been under the impression that weak spine arrows will give nock left tear? Thanks ylfor your guys experience with this

OR Archer

WKR
Weak spine will typically tear left and occasionally will also produce a high tear.
What’s your bow setup and specs? And the arrows?

You probably have to have a good center shot to look exclusively at the tear for spine indication.

@StraightWayOutdoors
Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings, Sevr Broadheads, Pine Ridge Archery, Bloodline Fibers

I've never heard a good explanation of how/why a weak arrow will tear nock left and a stiff arrow will tear nock right (for a right-handed shooter) out of a compound bow shot with a mechanical release. For a traditional bow shot with fingers, I can understand why a too weak or stiff arrow would cause a tear in a particular direction. For a compound bow not influenced by fingers on the string with a cut-out riser that allows the arrow to remain in line with the string path throughout the shot, I can't conceive of why an overly weak arrow would leave the bow nock left and an overly stiff arrow would leave nock right. I've played around with intentionally shooting significantly over and under-spined arrows (relative to what the charts recommend) out of various compounds and haven't witnessed these purported horizontal tear patterns. Arrow spine certainly can affect how a compound bow tunes (FWIW I believe the range of appropriate/acceptable spines is significantly wider than most people think), but I don't think the left tear = weak/right tear = stiff advice necessarily holds true.

A lot of times in my experience a weak spine just produces inconsistent results, with a compound and bareshafts/broadheads. You can get a weak spine to fly really well with fieldpoints.

The right/left stuff is for a stick bow that isn't cut past center.

OP
I

iahunter08

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry i left some out this is on my solution 70lbs 28.5" draw with 300 nad 340 spined arrows. I get a slight left tear with 300 then throw 340 through setup for slight right. Just odd put more point weight in 300 and doesnt change tried nock tuning too.

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
can you drop the draw weight easily? Like 5 pounds. Not familiar with Solution weight changing. If not, try to add some weight to the tail of the arrow and see if that helps stiffen it up, if you already have a lot of weight up front. Wrap, Lighted Nock, etc.

OR Archer

WKR
Sorry i left some out this is on my solution 70lbs 28.5" draw with 300 nad 340 spined arrows. I get a slight left tear with 300 then throw 340 through setup for slight right. Just odd put more point weight in 300 and doesnt change tried nock tuning too.
Then something in your tune is off and not so much the spine.