Wearing pac boots without the liners

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone wear pac boots without the liners? I like my unlined ll bean duck boots but was thinking about picking up a pair of the schnee's black buffalo boots and was hoping they could pull double duty (lined during the winter and unlined during the spring/summer). Oftentimes it isn't cold by me so I was wondering how viable these would be without the liner. Also, would that royally mess up the sizing?

tdhanses

WKR
No free lunch, your feet would slide all over the place, horrible idea, just wear unlined hiking boots if your feet get hot.

Wrench

WKR
Is there a punch line to this one?

I own a few pairs of pacs and average is 3/8" thick compressed liner....that's 3/4" slop on an already loose boot. Might be OK to run out and feed once....but your feet will hate you if you tried to hike very far.

tdhanses

WKR

I own a few pairs of pacs and average is 3/8" thick compressed liner....that's 3/4" slop on an already loose boot. Might be OK to run out and feed once....but your feet will hate you if you tried to hike very far.
Yeah I had to rewrite my response a few times, wondering what we are being setup for.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks, I didn’t know how much room the liners take up. I wouldn’t dream of hiking in my unlined duck boots since that’s what hiking/mountain boots are for, but if the boots are that loose then it’s a no-go for sure.

OP
tpicou

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I had to rewrite my response a few times, wondering what we are bing setup for.
The reason people ask questions about things they don’t own is because they don’t own them 😜 I’ve never held or seen boots with removable liners. I didn’t know if they acted like wearing two pairs of socks in a boot or if they were substantially thick.

Wrench

WKR
If you ever have questions about pacs, I suggest calling Hoffman boots in Kellogg Idaho. I live in the heart of custom boot makers and can't find one better than Hoffman.

Tower

FNG
The Schnee's Guide models are unlined and offered in several heights and two outsole options.