Weatherby backcountry Ti 6.5 Creedmoor?

letrbuck

WKR
What do you need to know? The Backcountry is quality and will shoot well regardless of clambering. I have the non Ti in 280 and it shoots under .5 MOA with 3 different factory ammos. Thing to remember is there isn't a short action Mark V, so you don't save any weight by going Creedmoor

I can't find much on the Ti in 6.5 Creedmoor,
Any experience with one?
Or recommend a alternative.
I wouldn't pay more to risk dealing with ti headaches. 5.4# on the steel actioned model isn't exactly heavy.

What Ti headaches have you had? With which action(s)?

None. Perhaps I should have posted a disclaimer stating as much but I did say "risk" which is what I'd feel i was taking if choosing to go Ti.

I've read of enough people having galling, lug set back, sticky bolt manipulation, etc and reputable gunsmiths recommending against them that it seems like an odd choice to pay an $800 premium for a product made of materials less ideal for a rifle action. I'll concede that a 5# creedmoor probably isn't at risk of the issues with high volume shooting and magnum cartridge stress on lugs.

Last edited:
Why a CM when you could get the RPM? Faster and flatter than the CM for what I’m guessing is the same weight.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Why a CM when you could get the RPM? Faster and flatter than the CM for what I’m guessing is the same weight.

I’d prefer a creedmoore just for factory Ammo and brass availability. Some guys might not care but if I was going for the RPM, I’d make damn sure I had components and at least 10 boxes of factory Ammo so I’d have brass for awhile.

I’ve got piles of 6.5creed brass and h4350, I can keep a creedmoore shooting for a long time.