Weatherby Backcountry TI

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
After my last posting about rifle weight I have started to research a lighter option. I tend to stay away from kimbers do to some poor luck on a few and less than stellar service. Tikas are interesting but not really a huge weight saving over my 6.9 lbs Rbros. Started researching and found these Weatherbys. I have never owned one but have always wanted to. What are the thoughts on this rifle? I thought about pairing it with either a Swaro Z5 or the NXS 2.5 -10. Good direction or keeping looking? Thanks

Cheers

wyosteve

WKR
I don't own one, but did fondle several at the Sheep Show a year ago. I shoot a Rifles, Inc. light rifle and the Weatherby doesn't quite compare quality wise, but for a production rifle, it's very nice. I contemplated getting one myself since I don't have a 'mid' caliber gun.

OP
COwineguy

COwineguy

Lil-Rokslider
Hadn't hear of them so I checked them out. They happen to have a Strata 30 Nosler. Sub 6 pounds. Crap.........
I imagine you like yours alot?
I don't own one, but did fondle several at the Sheep Show a year ago. I shoot a Rifles, Inc. light rifle and the Weatherby doesn't quite compare quality wise, but for a production rifle, it's very nice. I contemplated getting one myself since I don't have a 'mid' caliber gun.

I fondled a Ti and a ss one today. They are super nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
I played with them at the dallas safari club show yesterday. They are nice rifles, and the 6-lug models are extremely light. I think they are a good option if you dont want to do a full custom. I would lean towards the steel barrel over the carbon personally.

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
I just picked up a Backcountry Ti in 6.5-300 and standard Backcountry in 6.5RPM yesterday. I need to get them scoped up and start on loads for them. After restocking my Ultra light 6.5-300 and getting it down to 7lbs 9 oz with scope I figured the Ti Backcountry should get me well below the 7lb mark. If its as accurate as the Ultralight it may very well become my new mountain rifle And replace my Kimber Mountain Ascent. The standard Backcountry 6.5 RPM should end up with scope at around 6.5 lbs. I got this one for a steal and couldn’t justify an additional $1200 for the TI

Last edited:

amassi

WKR
I just picked up a Backcountry Ti in 6.5-300 and standard Backcountry in 6.5RPM yesterday. I need to get them scoped up and start on loads for them. After restocking my Ultra light 6.5-300 and getting it down to 7lbs 9 oz with scope I figured the Ti Backcountry should get me well below the 7lb mark. If its as accurate as the Ultralight it may very well become my new mountain rifle And replace my Kimber Mountain Ascent. The standard Backcountry 6.5 RPM should end up with scope at around 6.5 lbs. I got this one for a steal and couldn’t justify an additional $1200 for the TI
Steel back country w/ talley rings and vx5hd 7#1.4oz
Ti carbon same rings and scope 6#11oz. Your steel ti should be 6oz less than the carbon.
b28571898e59c3526a884dc4c5e285c1.jpg
bd566005813225d08e8a3814165b1078.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Murtfree

Lil-Rokslider
My 9 lug TI will have a VX5HD 3x15 and the 6 lug Steel will have aVX3HD 3.5x10. I planned on mounting the scopes today and getting true weights put a surprise snow storm meant I was plowing instead of mounting today….maybe tomorrow.