WTB Weatherby Camilla 6.5 ...open to other light compact rifle for girl

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking for a Weatherby Camilla in 6.5CM for my wife & girls (10, 9, 6). Likely looking at the vanguard line...

Open to others if price is right. Wish I could get my hands on $200 TC Compasses again.

Located in Western PA close to Ohio / WV... can pick up or I have dealer info available. Payment via trustworthy sources... please don't try to scam me.

I have a ton of feedback under this name on ARFCOM, PAFOA, NODAK, Gunbroker, Ebay, Etc......

crich

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thats a nice rifle my Aunt shoots one. If youre open to budget options the ruger american compact is fantastic for the money. I have one and love it for the money. Good luck with your search.

OP
skyfreek60
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Appreciate it! Yeah ruger american compact or similar could work too.... might end up needing a few :)

Kinda wanted to check out the wood on the Camilla before buying. Would like a little figure if possible (though synthetic version is cool too).

Daughter is using my brothers X bolt Hell's Canyon 6.5 this year and not seeing 6.5 ammo available nearby.... so not a huge hurry to get in current season.

Take care!

SDChungus

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
food for thought if you can find a cheap donor rifle you can pretty much customize a boyds stock perfectly to a womans LOP...did that with a old savage 110 long action for my wife in 243. Turned an ugly old rifle that never got shot into a beautiful rifle...had it bedded and it shoots dimes.

OP
skyfreek60
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That thought has crossed mind. May be able to find something at the show this weekend... if I get there between hunting

sndmn11

WKR
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
We have a Camilla in the wood stock and it is very accurate. However, I'd the synthetic Bell and Carlson version had been available, we would have bought that one.

JonnyB

WKR
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
That thought has crossed mind. May be able to find something at the show this weekend... if I get there between hunting

I have a 6.5 mountain ascent in a montana stock I have been contemplating selling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDChungus

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go the boyds route I really can't stress enough to have the action bedded and everything free floated. If you don't there is a good chance you'll get barrel whip and you won't get anything to group worth a darn. It's also a fun route because the girls can "customize" the stock to their liking. If you make it to a show look around there is likely someone selling the stocks so you can get an idea on what color scheme looks best. I do not recommend going off of their website coloring...it does not do the stocks justice. My wifes in royal purple I was worried would be bright or light colored...it came in dark violet and shines with gloss finish...it really turned out pretty. They also make that adjustable stock worth looking at... great option as you can adjust LOP for just about any shooter. Good starter setup that doesn't break the bank.

peaceman

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My daughter didn’t like the Camilla. Sounds weird but it just didn’t fit her right and the 6.5creed recoil was snappier. She chose to keep her American compact in 7mm-08 in stainless (no loner made unfortunately)

OP
skyfreek60
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the info guys. That's interesting the -08 was less snappy. Yeah kinda wish she could try the fit.... then again, with 4 of them it's bound to fit 1 eventually... maybe :). Keeping my eyes open. Thanks so far!