Weatherby for whitetail and mule deer

Hey y'all. I just joined the forum and this is my first discussion. I am looking at Mark Vs and am leaning towards a 270 Bee and 7mm Bee for eastern whitetail and mule deer for when I go out West. Any input is appreciated.

My $0.02. There is no reason for 9 lugs in a modern bolt rifle. That is 9 interfaces that have to be true and 9 spots for friction which seems to result in a stiff bolt lift in the limited Mark V actions I've handled.

I'd get a standard 2 or 3 lug action in a common cartridge like 270wsm or 7RM and you will have a lighter action, lighter bolt lift, cheaper and more available ammunition, and ballistics that you will likely never notice to be any different from the weatherby chamberings.

ODB

WKR
The dude above makes sense. And the Vanguard has the convention two-lug setup.

if you must have a fast 270, OK. Otherwise a 270 win is all you need for any distance you should be shooting mule deer.

Thanks man, I will admit I have a Vanguard in 6.5 Creedmoor and while some ppl talk smack on them , I love the way they handle and it shoots lights out accurate. View attachment 245231

Seems like you're already set for whitetails and muleys but don't let that stop ya!

As was pointed out, the vanguard is a 2 lug action. A 9 lug action like the Mark v might have made sense back in the wildcatting/hotrodding days but there is really no reason for it now. It typically just adds weight and makes bolt lift / close stiffer.

Baddog

WKR
Weatherbys are an iconic rifle in my mind. Don’t have one but want one! I’d say buy one in a 7mm. Arguing gun brands is worse than arguing truck brands...