WTB Weatherby Mark V 7mm mag

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wanting a lightweight model, preferably a Backcountry, or an older Ultralight version. Prefer 26" with a brake.

Thanks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I can order you a Mark V Cinderlite in 7mmRM for $1725 Shipped to your FFL
image1030515-672212d9158533c9c4ae016b8d308fee.jpg

Or a Mark V Backcountry in 7mm Weatherby Mag for $2200
WBMKVBACKCOUNTRY.JPG

Let me know if you're interested in either of these.

OP
J
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
that's really interesting, never heard of that model. do you have detailed specs, including weight? and do you know if this is the same stock as the ultralight? thanks

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is a limited production rifle, so Weatherby doesn't even show it on their website. It's built on the old Mark V Ultra Lightweight platform. The magnums come in a 9 lug action, and weigh 6.75 lbs., just like the old ULs. SEE SPECS BELOW:

UPC:
747115448265​
Description:
WBY MK-V CINDRLT 7MM 26B​
Brand:
Weatherby​
Model:
Mark V Cinderlite​
Type:
Rifle: Bolt Action​
Caliber:
7MM​
Finish:
Tungsten Cerakote​
Action:
Bolt Action​
Stock:
Cement Gray Fiberglass Monte Carlo w/Blk Web​
Sight:
No Sights​
Barrel Length:
26 #2 MOD Contour, Fluted​
Overall Length:
48.625​
Weight:
6.75 lbs​
Capacity:
3+1​
Safety:
Manual Safety​
Receiver:
Tungsten Cerakote, Drilled & Tapped​
Muzzle:
Accubrake ST 1/2X28​
Butt Plate:
Pachmayr Decelerator Recoil Pad​
Features:
SUB-MOA Guarantee,54 Degree Bolt Lift, 13 5/8 LOP;
TriggerTech Field Adj Trigger 2.5-5 Lbs​

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
@LEO Outfitters how many weeks out are the backcountrys once ordered lately?
Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to order directly from Weatherby. I have several wholesale distributors that I can order from, if they have a particular firearm currently in stock. Long guns usually arrive at my location about 5 days after I place the order. Then another 5 days to get from me to your FFL, assuming I have all the required info to ship. Is there a particular model/caliber you're looking for?

Bluto

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is why I overthink buying things on purpose. Glad, once again.

I somehow stumbled into the Cinderlite, and can’t believe it has no fanfare and can’t even find it on the Weatherby site. Now I think I know? Looks like a GROSS misprint on gallery of guns...a full pound off on weight.

Different UPC, sure, but I can’t see how a 308 is exactly one pound heavier than a 7 mag. @LEO Outfitters how does this cut and paste info look to you on the Cinderlite?

UPC:
747115448289​
Description:
WBY MK-V CINDRLT 308 22B​
Brand:
Weatherby​
Model:
Mark V Cinderlite​
Type:
Caliber:
308​
Finish:
Tungsten Cerakote​
Action:
Bolt Action​
Stock:
Sight:
No Sights​
Barrel Length:
22 #1 MOD Contour, Fluted​
Overall Length:
44​
Weight:
5.75 lbs​
Capacity:
5+1​
Safety:
Manual Safety​
Receiver:
Muzzle:
Accubrake ST 1/2X28​
Butt Plate:

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This is why I overthink buying things on purpose. Glad, once again.

I somehow stumbled into the Cinderlite, and can’t believe it has no fanfare and can’t even find it on the Weatherby site. Now I think I know? Looks like a GROSS misprint on gallery of guns...a full pound off on weight.

Different UPC, sure, but I can’t see how a 308 is exactly one pound heavier than a 7 mag. @LEO Outfitters how does this cut and paste info look to you on the Cinderlite?

UPC:
747115448289​
Description:
WBY MK-V CINDRLT 308 22B​
Brand:
Weatherby​
Model:
Mark V Cinderlite​
Type:
Caliber:
308​
Finish:
Tungsten Cerakote​
Action:
Bolt Action​
Stock:
Sight:
No Sights​
Barrel Length:
22 #1 MOD Contour, Fluted​
Overall Length:
44​
Weight:
5.75 lbs​
Capacity:
5+1​
Safety:
Manual Safety​
Receiver:
Muzzle:
Accubrake ST 1/2X28​
Butt Plate:
Bluto I understand your concerns. When I came across this model, I had some questions as well, because I was not familiar with this rifle. I ended up speaking directly with Weatherby. They assured me that the specs I had were correct, and that it is basically " the old Ultra Light with a facelift". He went on to tell me that the specs are virtually identical to the Ultra Light, which are still on the website. Click the link below to see them:
Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight
I assure you nothing shady is going on, and I can't find anything in the listing you posted that would lead me to believe there was a misprint. Feel free to give me a call if you have further questions, or would like to discuss it further.

cooperjd

WKR
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
7mag has a 26" #2 contour tube as well as the longer action

308 loses 4" of barrel, is a #1 contour, as well as having a bigger bore to remove more material, in a shorter action, i could see a 1lb difference in all that.

My .300wby UL comes in right at 7lbs with just a tiny bit of bedding material.

Bluto

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bluto I understand your concerns. When I came across this model, I had some questions as well, because I was not familiar with this rifle. I ended up speaking directly with Weatherby. They assured me that the specs I had were correct, and that it is basically " the old Ultra Light with a facelift". He went on to tell me that the specs are virtually identical to the Ultra Light, which are still on the website. Click the link below to see them:
Weatherby Mark V Ultra Lightweight
I assure you nothing shady is going on, and I can't find anything in the listing you posted that would lead me to believe there was a misprint. Feel free to give me a call if you have further questions, or would like to discuss it further.
Andrew, I had separately emailed through the contact form and received basically the exact same info. Funny they sent me a different link to a discontinued rifle, but exactly the same numbers.
The only mystery being that there was no 308 available so i can’t verify the weight on a chart, but being a short action I *think* I can assume it would fall into the 6 lug weight range of...just call it sub 6 pounds? Does that pass a sanity check here? (Email from Weatherby copy pasted below.)

It will be the Mark V Weathermark LT. Here is the following link.

https://weatherby.com/store/markv-weathermark-lt

Kind Regards

Weatherby, Inc.
1550 Yellowtail Drive
Sheridan, WY 82801
Ph: 307-675-7840
Fax: 307-675-7801
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm MST www.weatherby.com

@cooperjd
Yeah, that actually does make sense I suppose. Hoping that checks out with the 308 on this rifle. If so, I think I’ve found my next stick after 6 months of looking!

Bluto

WKR
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sending a PM. I’m pretty happy with follow up info from Weatherby, let’s make a deal on a 308!