Weatherby Mark V Accumark vs Christensen vs?

toughluck

FNG
Looking for a new rifle in .300 Win Mag. Its primary use will be a beanfield gun for whitetail with shots ranging from 50 yards to 700 yards. Weight is not really an issue. I know only listed 2 rifles but I'm open to others, just looking for the most accurate rifle in that price range. Which one would you go with?

elkguide

WKR
Of those 2, I would go with the Christensen Arms Ridgeline.
I should probably state that I am a .30 caliber-o-holic, as in I have 8 different rifles in .30 caliber. The Win Mag is my favorite of them for sure. My go to Win Mag for the past couple of years is a Cooper. A little bit heavier than I like for a carry rifle, (9#'s,) but oh will that rifle shoot.

wyo2track

Lil-Rokslider
Nice price range. The Christensen Arms Traverse just because you get a carbon fiber barrel. Stock designs each offer will be a personal choice. The Traverse has a friendlier long range shooting stock over the sporter style of the Ridgeline. And since the Christensen is based off the Rem700 action theres alot of aftermarket support. I might lean more towards the Weatherby if the magazine allows for seating bullets long. Usually a Weatherby will have some freebore, but I dont know if their 300 win chambering would have the same as say a 300 weatherby. Lots of good reviews out there on the Traverse model. A buddy bought a Traverse in 7 mag and he loves it, but the length to lands is much shorter than what the magazine will allow. So he can't seat the big 175 or 180's out there too far.

SteveCNJ

WKR
Classified Approved
I have a Weatherby Mark V DGR Weatherby 300 mag and I love it. It shoots really well with Barnes TTSX 180 Gr.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

FNG
I have a Mark V Accumark in 6.5-300 and my only complaint is the weight which I knew going in to it. It sounds like that's not a concern of yours so that would definitely get my vote

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I just purchased a Fierce Fury with a carbon stock and it seems quite nice although I haven't fired it yet. I don't think you can go wrong in the price range, but I also understand that spending around 2k makes one want to choose well.

OP
toughluck

toughluck

FNG
I just purchased a Fierce Fury with a carbon stock and it seems quite nice although I haven't fired it yet. I don't think you can go wrong in the price range, but I also understand that spending around 2k makes one want to choose well.
Yeah around 2k on just a rifle then the cost of good glass. A lot to think about.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, I got a Fierce in .300 Win Mag and I put a Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x44 on it. Seems to be a great combo but we all have our preferences.