Weatherby Mark V Accumark vs Fierce Fury

Hey everyone, I am in the market for a new hunting rifle. Looking to upgrade from the Rem 700 .308. There are a few guns I have my eye on but 2 that stand out right now are a Weatherby Mark V Accumark and the Fierce Fury. I am leaning towards 7mm rem mag since I would like my wife to be willing to shoot it as well. Considering putting a brake on it also. Would like it to be capable of killing elk out to 500 if needed and farther for targets but also not too much for the wife to shoot. I'm not that familiar with Fierce except for what I have read on here. Trying to keep the budget around 2k so I believe that would be something used in the Fierce market and new in Weatherby. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have a 300wm fierce fury that I love. The Fury is under 2k, is that rifle budget or rifle & optics budget?

No experience with the other rifle you are looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I have a 300wm fierce fury that I love. The Fury is under 2k, is that rifle budget or rifle & optics budget?

No experience with the other rifle you are looking at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually already purchased a Leupold VX6HD during the cabelas thing last week so 2k is for the rifle. Thanks.

LightFoot

WKR
Both are good guns. Between the two, I would probably go with the 1/2 MOA guarantee of the Fierce.

In that price range there are some great guns to be had.

Christensen Arms Mesa or Ridgeline (I have the Ridgeline in 300 Win)
Seekins PH2 (this would be my choice if buying again)
Browning Xbolt Pro (I have one in 300WSM and it shoots very well)

>>>----JAKE----->

OP
Both are good guns. Between the two, I would probably go with the 1/2 MOA guarantee of the Fierce.

In that price range there are some great guns to be had.

Christensen Arms Mesa or Ridgeline (I have the Ridgeline in 300 Win)
Seekins PH2 (this would be my choice if buying again)
Browning Xbolt Pro (I have one in 300WSM and it shoots very well)

>>>----JAKE----->
Is the composite stock any good on the Seekins? Going off the picture alone looks to be a little cheap but I have no idea. Thanks for the other ideas.

LightFoot

WKR
Is the composite stock any good on the Seekins? Going off the picture alone looks to be a little cheap but I have no idea. Thanks for the other ideas.
It's at least as good as the Weatherby stock in terms of durability and finish. Fit is personal. The ergonomics are better in my opinion.

BTW, I bought the Havak Element in 6.5 PRC (which I believe has the same stock). I am not crazy about the camo but the fit for me is great.

These are my two "long range" hunting rifles.
46195772381379abaa1cf4e69db29687.jpg

>>>----JAKE----->

OP
It's at least as good as the Weatherby stock in terms of durability and finish. Fit is personal. The ergonomics are better in my opinion.

BTW, I bought the Havak Element in 6.5 PRC (which I believe has the same stock). I am not crazy about the camo but the fit for me is great.

>>>----JAKE----->
Good to know. Back to the drawing board I guess. I'll have to stop by Sportsmans and see what I can actually hold.

>>>----JAKE----->
What do you have?

LightFoot

WKR
What do you have?
I am not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking what the rifles in the picture are...

1. Christensen Arms Ridgeline 300 Win; HS Precision stock; Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44

2. Seekins Havak Element, Leupold Mark 5HD 3.6-18x44

>>>----JAKE----->

Jakeini

FNG
Why not take a look at Christensen? I was in the same boat as you about 2 months ago, and I was driving myself nuts with options. I wound up getting a Christensen Ridgeline In 300wsm and have been nothing but pleased. Yes, I’ve read the horror stories but I also hear great things about their customer service and willingness to correct any issues you might face. I just got settled on a load and am shooting well below the “sub moa guarantee”, and I’m definitely not in the upper echelons of shooters out there. It’s got all the bells, whistles and nifty stuff I wanted right from the factory, and the thing is a straight up laser.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
The last mark v I have tried and the one I own had a hitch closing the bolt that I didn't care for they arent as smooth as butter any more. The order I would look at.

1) Seekins
2) Modified Tikka 2k is a fair budget
2) Fierce
3) christensen
4) weatherby

I think they would both be great choices. I know the accumark comes with a brake and I think the fierce does too? I own an accumark and really enjoy it. Its the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. It is a very heavy rifle though! I would never pack it up a mountain!

OP
I think they would both be great choices. I know the accumark comes with a brake and I think the fierce does too? I own an accumark and really enjoy it. Its the most accurate rifle I have ever owned. It is a very heavy rifle though! I would never pack it up a mountain!
Thanks. How is the recoil on the accumark?

Thanks. How is the recoil on the accumark?

Very light but mine was a 257 shooting 80gr bullets. I think every accumark comes with a muzzle break these days? I was at the range today shooting my backcountry 6.5-300 with the brake and a non braked 243. Recoil was about the same in both. Those new accubrakes work well.

OP
Very light but mine was a 257 shooting 80gr bullets. I think every accumark comes with a muzzle break these days? I was at the range today shooting my backcountry 6.5-300 with the brake and a non braked 243. Recoil was about the same in both. Those new accubrakes work well.
You happy with the 6.5 300? Was looking at that also. Do you hunt elk with that?

You happy with the 6.5 300? Was looking at that also. Do you hunt elk with that?
I am very happy with the 6.5-300. I did an elk hunt with it last year but never got a shot. I have an elk/goat hunt this september and its coming along for that. I only have a coyote and wolf kill so far with the big 6.5. I did all this same hunting with my 257 bee previous to acquiring the 6.5