Weatherby Mark V builds

Dcrafton

WKR
Has anyone built or have any experience with a build on a weatherby Mark V action.
I love the (50,60,70) degree bolt throw actions. Just throwing the idea around before I buy a fierce carbon edge.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

howl

WKR
Does the Fierce bolt rattle? I've only had one Mark V, but the bolt rattling was the reason I got rid of an otherwise very nice rifle.

ofl0926

WKR
I have three Mark V rifles and no rattles in any of them

ofl0926

WKR
Has anyone built or have any experience with a build on a weatherby Mark V action.
I love the (50,60,70) degree bolt throw actions. Just throwing the idea around before I buy a fierce carbon edge.
Thanks

What are you trying to build off your weatherby action?

OP
Dcrafton

Dcrafton

WKR
I have a budget of about $3500,
So I’m either going to do a full custom,
Or a build off of something like a mark V,
Or purchase something like the fierce carbon edge

I’m wanting a bolt throw like the weatherby (short). From 70-50 degree, I just don’t want a 90 degree like everything else

All in a 280ai

I've got one I did a custom build on with a carbon fiber barrel in 270 Wby. Other than the action being really heavy compared to most others out there, it's a bad ass tack driving killing machine.

ofl0926

WKR
I have a budget of about $3500,
So I’m either going to do a full custom,
Or a build off of something like a mark V,
Or purchase something like the fierce carbon edge

I’m wanting a bolt throw like the weatherby (short). From 70-50 degree, I just don’t want a 90 degree like everything else

All in a 280ai

You need to find a gunsmith who will build off the weatherby action. Call around and ask.
I have a fierce fury rifle and it’s a great rifle. But call around and see what you find out.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Never had a Weatherby but have always admired them. If you want a short bolt throw, you should check out a Blaser R8. You could get a nice setup with that budget. Not custom but everything about it is precision. I’m impressed as heck with mine.

OP
Dcrafton

Dcrafton

WKR
Some very good points and information. Here is where I’m at.
1. I don’t need another rifle ( I just want one)
2. Am off the shelf rifle will do the job it is intended for. (But me wants are hard to find in a off the shelf rifle)
3. I want a 280ai
4. I want a raised comb (monte Carlo style)
5. I want a short throw bolt
6. I want a carbon fiber barrel

So before I spend in upwards of $3500 (that is a lot for me to spend on a rifle)
I want to make sure I get what I want. I want to hear from those with experience with some or all of the above mentioned items. I only brought up the option of the weatherby action because the short throw bolt it has.
Yes the fierce carbon edge has all I’m looking for, but for that kind of money, I have a few good options. Is there a better way to get the rifle I desire besides ordering from fierce with a 4 - 6 month lead time.

Shooter71

Lil-Rokslider
267A1B4F-B063-44D4-B967-568930D8A87A.jpg

This was one last week. ARC Nucleus, Terrain, Brux rem varmint 8 twist, 280ai.

Not saying you can't build a good rifle off a Mark V action, but how many competitive shooters do you see using them? How many custom gun builders? There's a reason the 700 and 70 are used in so many custom guns.

If you end up going the Mark V route, remember that resale value will probably take a hit as well.

OP
Dcrafton

Dcrafton

WKR
Yes sir, I agree. I’ve narrowed it down to the arc nucleus (75° bolt throw) and Curtis axiom (60° bolt throw)
Any experience information on either would be appreciated..
thanks to all that have provided options and information as I am using it to help decide how I proceed with my purchase or build.