Weatherby Sa-08

Is anyone running a Weatherby SA-08 as their turkey gun? I’m looking for a nice Compact 20ga auto and these have caught my eye. I know they’re really similar to the Mossberg SA-20. They are a little cheaper than the Franchis. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
Me and several friends are. I first set mine up for our Learn To hunt program with a red dot so its easier staying on target for the kids. I dropped a SumToy choke in it and shooting Fed Heciweights or Hevi shot both in 7s the gun shoots GREAT. It is pretty much all I use chasing turkeys in a variety of states each year. It really is my preferred turkey gun to grab.

codym

WKR
I have a weatherby SA-459 I’ve been using for a few years. I have killed about a dozen birds with it. It’s very light. I’m shooting tss 9’s that I reload with a sum toy choke. I have also used a carlson and the fed HW 7’s perfect little turkey gun in my opinion. I mounted a Burris FF3 on the supplied pic rail. Only issues I’ve had is the crappy super heavy trigger and I needed a comb riser kit to get the correct eye alignment on the red dot

OP
aclawrence
Thanks for the replies. I have an old 870 that’s always been my turkey gun but I’m ready to try something new. I got a FF3 already that I’m going to put on whatever I get. I guess I’m going to shoot 20ga and TSS since that’s the cool thing to do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradb

WKR
The tss 9s wil be great, I was going to try some last year but, actually used common sense and decided to use what I had first! Of course there are a bunch of good little 20 gauges ot there, but this has been a very good little gun. Abdollah the one I grab most of the time. Light, handy, shoots great, still kill birds as far as I want to kill then

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have a weatherby PA-08 that I’ve shot a few turkeys and a bunch of other birds with. It’s a beater and rusts easily, crudely finished, made in turkey but it’s been 100% reliable and never had a single hiccup other than the front sling swivel stud popping out.

I have them in 12 and 28 gauge, they are great guns. My turkey gun is a Mossberg 835, but I’d have no issues using my SA-08 instead. Choke tubes are the Browning Invector style, so you should have plenty of options.

I am disappointed to see Weatherby has discontinued most of the SA-08 varieties, they have pretty limited options now compared to a year or two ago. Hopefully they don’t phase them out completely.

hutty

Lil-Rokslider
Have that gun and love it. Great for kids and adults alike. Use it on everything from rabbits to wood ducks to turkeys. Solid gun for the price.