Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry feedback?

Hello All,

I'm new to Rokslide and I am interested in the Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry, specifically the .300WM. I haven't been able to find it locally to get my hands on it. Does anyone shoot a Backcountry that they can give me some feedback?

Thanks!

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider

Heres my thread on it.

Moose63Pa

FNG
I recently received one in 257 Weatherby mag. Quickly turning into one of my favorites. Lightweight, I personally like the factory stock. Gun shoots sub .5MOA with Weatherby ammo.

I can't see you not liking it. If I was going to buy another factory rifle, it's the one I would choose.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Hello All,

I'm new to Rokslide and I am interested in the Weatherby Vanguard Backcountry, specifically the .300WM. I haven't been able to find it locally to get my hands on it. Does anyone shoot a Backcountry that they can give me some feedback?

Thanks!
I almost bought one a few years ago, it ticked a lot of the boxes. Ended up buying an Accuguard instead. But a couple questions about what you plan to shoot out of the rifle and how you plan to use it. If you handload and want to shoot heavy for caliber bullets (212's for example), you will find the box too short, as to get anywhere close to the lands with these bullets, you will need to exceed SAAMI specs in most cases. However, if you only shoot 200's and below, you are GTG. Just a thought, I had to have my action opened up and a new box put in, but that might not be an issue for you.

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
Hello All,

Thanks!
I have a Weatherby Vanguard RC chambered in 300 WM (weighs 7.75 lbs) with a Vortex Razor HD scope. It shoots well, but it's not a light setup to tote around the mountains. It handles recoil pretty well, but I do notice the recoil after a session at the range.

I am looking to get a custom 7mm RM with a carbon stock and plan to top it with a lighter scope.

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Weatherby Vanguard RC chambered in 300 WM (weighs 7.75 lbs) with a Vortex Razor HD scope. It shoots well, but it's not a light setup to tote around the mountains. It handles recoil pretty well, but I do notice the recoil after a session at the range.

I am looking to get a custom 7mm RM with a carbon stock and plan to top it with a lighter scope.
What ammo you running through that 300 and what kind of groups does it produce?

scott_co

Lil-Rokslider
What ammo you running through that 300 and what kind of groups does it produce?
I am using factory Hornady ELD-X 200 gr ammo, and I get close to .75 MOA with my Weatherby.

The only mods that I have made to the gun are to bed the stock, add a Hofmeister muzzle brake, and reduce the trigger pull to about 2.75 lbs.