Weatherby Vanguard left me hanging, need new rifle suggestions

16Bore

WKR
Hornady One Shot cleaner is your friend. That and Wipe Out are about the only things I clean with anymore.

Had an inconsistent trigger on a Vanguard a few years back - noticeably different engagement and resistance every few shots. Sent it back to Weatherby - they replaced it but said they couldn’t replicate the issue I was having.

Renagade raises a great point about confidence. Yes, it may be just a dirty trigger, but then again it might not. Just never the wrong decision to get things checked by a gunsmith.

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
Well, I'll try to keep this updated to see what Weatherby comes up with. I stripped down the bolt, couldn't find anything obvious or sticking. I took it to a local gunsmith to ship it out to Weatherby for warranty work. I had him briefly look over it just to make sure there wasn't anything glaring or obvious. He couldn't see anything just by briefly looking at it so it's on it's way back to Weatherby.

OP
renagde

renagde

WKR
Got the word back from Weatherby finally. They tore it all apart, said the trigger is fine, nothing wrong there. They said there's a small amount of surface rust on the firing pin and a little in the chamber but that shouldn't have created the problems that I had. They couldn't really give me a reason for why it happened. They're putting a new trigger on it and cleaning and polishing everything and sending it back.

rmarshall

WKR
Glad they are taking care of you! Hope it all works out for you and you can get your confidence back with the rifle and hope you can get a new rifle as back up!!