Weatherby Vanguard MeatEater Edition

OP
j_volt

j_volt

WKR
Per Weatherby on the gram.. .Due to the relatively small production run, the Vanguard is not currently being offered in a left-handed rifle. But Steve is a lefty! How can this be?! Worry not: to celebrate all you lefties out there, Weatherby is offering a limited time discount on a custom MarkV, the exact same gun that Steven Rinella shoots. This custom left-handed rifle is made and assembled in the U.S. with a Trigger Tech trigger, 54 degrees of bolt lift, and strongest actions available. Head to weatherby.com/store/markvmeateateredition to learn more.

It’s a decent rifle for the money IMO, sure there’s some pizazz you’re paying for and I think most know that. I’ve been wanting a 6.5-300 but don’t think this is it. Biggest negative for me is cerakoted bolt, I know this is popular but it feels like crap IMO. For 900$ they could have DLCd the bolt. I also don’t like that they splashed a little camo on the basic black vanguard injection molded stock that Is pretty lacking.

It’s a good looking rifle, vanguards shoot well, threaded barrel is good, and most importantly new hunters that meateater get into the sport will be buying a good serviceable rifle instead of some lesser options.

Personally, I think the new buyers that send Steve a “what rifle should I buy” email are exactly who this is made for, and it will do well for them.

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like a lot of money for a cerakoted Vanguard/Howa. I think a plain old stainless steel Vanguard or Howa would be a more cost effective choice and just as accurate.