Weaver Customer Service?

rayporter

WKR
not knowing the model of yours, i will tell a story.

buddy had a bushnell and sent it in. they could not or would not fix it and they called him when it was in pieces. he said send it back and i will shoot it. the guy says " you dont under stand, you cant shoot it."

he says "you dont understand, i am going to shoot it ----stuck in the dirt for target practice. it is my last bushnell"

sometimes we get to bashing brands here. i just sent in a scope i bought. it was fairly old 24x with 10 moa per revolution on the target dials for windage and elevation. made long before the new kid on the block was around. all i said when i sent it in was ' the guy i got it from said it had trouble' which was a lie. he said not one word -good or bad.

i got it back completely rebuilt - it read like they saved the tube and went to work. new erector and reticle and best of the elevation and windage now have 14 moa per revolution.

edit
last year i sent a 24x weaver to cheryl at optical services for a reticle addition. she was very cautious about taking it as they are glued,not screwed, and can be very hard to get apart. i got lucky and she got it apart and rebuilt the reticle. i have sent in others that were returned after the glue would not release.

Last edited:

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
Why would bushnell service a weaver scope?

I have bought 3 weavers.....a super slam 2x10-42 and two fixed 4x. All are outstanding scopes.

ChrisAU

WKR
Why would bushnell service a weaver scope?

I have bought 3 weavers.....a super slam 2x10-42 and two fixed 4x. All are outstanding scopes.

Because Weaver was bought by Vista Outdoors, owner of Bushnell, who then closed Weaver. Bushnell has been servicing Weaver scopes for a few years now.

Reactions: BCD

WCB

WKR
Because Weaver was bought by Vista Outdoors, owner of Bushnell, who then closed Weaver. Bushnell has been servicing Weaver scopes for a few years now.

Weaver was owned by ATK prior to Vista Outdoor. Bushnell was bought after and they were ran separate for short time. Then Bushnell took over and Weaver Optics was discontinued.

so premise was right just reverse order. Too bad because Weaver had some excellent optics.

to answer OPs question...Bushnell doesn't "repair" anything.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Weaver was owned by ATK prior to Vista Outdoor. Bushnell was bought after and they were ran separate for short time. Then Bushnell took over and Weaver Optics was discontinued.

so premise was right just reverse order. Too bad because Weaver had some excellent optics.

to answer OPs question...Bushnell doesn't "repair" anything.

So who does the repairs through Bushnell Customer Service??

Thanks

WCB

WKR
So who does the repairs through Bushnell Customer Service??

Thanks

Bushnell does their own "repairs"...notice the quotes... They don't repair much of anything unless it is extremely basic or they can charge you and even then they probably replace the optic.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Bushnell does their own "repairs"...notice the quotes... They don't repair much of anything unless it is extremely basic or they can charge you and even then they probably replace the optic.

Gotcha!- Sorry I missed the quotes this first time around.

Thank You!