Website Timing Out??

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't been able to access the forum since sometime in September unless I am on my phone or my work computer/internet connection. I don't know what changed but it always times out now, and never did before. Any help would definitely be appreciated.

It's gotta be a browser issue. If it's set to dump cookies, sometimes it will log you you. I wish I could be an expert on all the different browsers, but it's impossible. Sorry you're having trouble.

Here's a link some members are finding success with:

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/feedback/115272-auto-logout.html#post1090050

KClark

WKR
Try ctrl>- (that's the little minus sign and the far right of the digits). Sounds like your screen is set too big.

As Robby pointed out, you may need to reset your zoom level. Depending on your browser, often there is an icon in the top right of your address bar, or in the options dropdown.

Thanks for the suggestions, tried that, shrinks the page but it doesn't make it fit the screen and it's only on this site.

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
No time out but the page doesn't resize to fit my screen anymore, have to scroll left and right to navigate lately.

This is definitely a browser or setting on the browser. All pages are responsive. I just retested them.

a quick way to test a website is to bring up the full site on your phone. If it shrinks down to the correct size it's working properly(responsive) If it's responsive on your phone it should be responsive on your computer, tablet....etc. If it's not, chances are something on your device is causing it.

Last edited:

mproberts

WKR
Appreciate the response. I should have been more clear. Maybe someone knows the solution. Basically I can access the main Rokslide page, but as soon as I attempt to go to the forum it just never connects. It attempts to connect but just times out after a minute of trying to load the page. It's really strange because I never get this type of response from any website. I can't explain it and have tried every browser I know of.

It's gotta be a browser issue. If it's set to dump cookies, sometimes it will log you you. I wish I could be an expert on all the different browsers, but it's impossible. Sorry you're having trouble.

Here's a link some members are finding success with:

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/feedback/115272-auto-logout.html#post1090050