Websites selling primers but requesting odd forms of payment

Chuckybmd

WKR
So I have been looking around on the Internet for some magnum large rifle primers. I have used federal primarily. I have a couple small boxes of CCI Large Rifle Magnum Primers. I’ve come across a couple of websites that strike me as possible scams.

Essentially they allow a reasonable price for a large order of primers, but then they request payment through Apple Pay Zelle or the cash app.

One such website is https://www.proreloads.com/

the other

Has anyone ever ordered from these websites or otherwise be able to attest that they aren’t scams?

Trippy

Lil-Rokslider
Don't ever order from such a place. The ability to use a CC is one step in knowing a website might be legit. Check address, FFL, phone number, etc. as well if you've never ordered from them. Also, $31/brick should be screaming scam at you unfortunately. $55+/brick is expected these days, probably higher soon since Vista is raising their prices yet again.

There's shitloads of these websites showing up, including on social media, trying to take advantage of people.

Levi8599

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t touch them with a 10ft pole. If it’s too good to be true…it is.

Gorp2007

WKR
I’ve finally started seeing primers out in the wild, just keep your eyes open and run away from those scam websites as quick as possible.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I always wonder how the scammers actually get someone to send them money, then these threads pop up! Lol

OP
Chuckybmd

Chuckybmd

WKR
I always wonder how the scammers actually get someone to send them money, then these threads pop up! Lol
The websites look pretty legit, except occasional incorrect grammar and spelling, which was another unsettling red flag. Rest assured, I did not purchase anything.

The Zelle payment system: https://www.zellepay.com Zelle® is a fast and free 1 way to send and receive money with the people you know and trust.

Read the fine print, once your money is transferred it is gone, problems, no product received, no seller response, it is your problem, Zelle has done it's job.

My bank has Zelle listed in the Transfer window but it also has a pop up that says: To people you know and trust.

This is the Email Pro Reloads sends out after you order: (with my edits to protect the dumb)

Hi Simple Smuck, accept greetings from Pro Reloads team.
I’m contacting you in regards to Order #xxxx.
Your order has been received, placed on hold and awaiting payments (via Zelle)
Manually make payments to our account details below

Address: [email protected]
Name: Devarsionta Williams

Send us a screenshot of the transaction for confirmation and reference purposes.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the invoice.

Thanks
Michael Freeman
(321) 710 7965
304 City Square Rd,
Alford, FL 32420, USA

Pro Reloads

Phone number doesn't work and address is in the boonies with no cars off a dirt road.
No response to my email asking why I should trust Pro Reloads with over $500 and a Western Union like unsecured money transfer and a none functional phone. BBB has no listing.

Note: While typing this up I received a reply:

If you are uncomfortable with dealing with us how we had e been working for the past 7 months just let us know and we will cancel the order.

Thanks Michael.

Pro Reloads

How to reply, one word: cancel.

WRM

WKR
First couple I ran across had PayPal links, but they were bogus.

The companies that is, I never attempted to use PayPal to order.

First couple I ran across had PayPal links, but they were bogus.

The companies that is, I never attempted to use PayPal to order.
If Pro Reloads is real let me know please, I really need some Small Rifle primers.

I'm in Sublett, Idaho which is 60 miles north of my place in Park Valley which is 60 miles east of the Nevada.