Week left to hunt, trying to plan for Idaho deer?

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I'm about to break one of the cardinal rules here but my back is against the wall and could use some input from other roksliders. I got covid in October and was out for the 2 weeks of rifle deer season in SE Idaho. After striking out on archery elk this September I have a general deer tag left in my pocket and an empty freezer. With the coming weekend and Monday and Tuesday off next week, at this point i need to decide if I head to central Idaho wilderness unit for muleys or drive to the panhandle for whitetails or muleys. Wilderness is closer to me and i'd love to get a muley but the only road in I've heard gets real sketchy this time of year plus lower populations. On the other hand the panhandle is a longer drive and has quite a few people. At this point I'm will shoot the first legal deer I see for meat in the freezer, any thoughts or guidance? PM's always welcome.

OP
Crippledsledge64

Crippledsledge64

Lil-Rokslider
If you are really just after meat to fill the freezer go North. Whitetail doe is open unit the 1st of December. You should definitely be able to get something.
That’s what I’m leaning towards, already got the tire chains and long Johns, so I’ll just head to the panhandle for meat.