Weekend Canoe Trip

bbrown

WKR
So not really hunting related or anything but since we kind of packed like we were backpacking or at least that's what I told the wife... :D
Figured I would share some pics of a little trip the wife and I took to a high mountain lake here in Colorado.

attachment.php

Heading across the lake - had to take the big canvas tipi because the nest I ordered from BPWD was not ready yet and the wife is NOT into the floor less idea.
attachment.php

The fishing was not great but we managed to catch a few - 2 of these Rainbows were unlucky enough to end up as dinner.

attachment.php

Here is a decent Mack the wife caught prolly @ 22" and I hooked into another one the next morning that was closer to 24"
attachment.php

Like my cutting board? As much as I love my havlon its not much of a filet knife - probably user error though
attachment.php

Never tried beer battered trout before - man was it tasty! Paired it with some MH Mac and cheese and we were stuffed.

Attachments

• Summer '13 199.jpg
    Summer '13 199.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 153
  • Summer '13 123.jpg
    Summer '13 123.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 151
  • Summer '13 156.jpg
    Summer '13 156.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Summer '13 132.jpg
    Summer '13 132.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 149
  • Summer '13 143.jpg
    Summer '13 143.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 148
OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
We were treated to a typical and very cool Colorado sunset and between summer solstice and the moon it seemed like never really got dark.
attachment.php

Picture really does not do justice...
attachment.php

A cool picture the wife took... The Ol' Dolphin has seen better days but still like to get out with it when we can.
attachment.php

Had these 2 "little" guys come visit us the next morning. Never saw a mature cow and one of them was sporting some small nubbies so I was assuming they were yearlings but they did seem kinda small. What do you guys think?
attachment.php

When they first came out of the bushes they were only 10-15 feet from the canoe but they were probably 60-65 yards at this point.
attachment.php

Working their way along the shore - shortly after this picture a couple pecker heads in an old boat must have spotted them from across the lake because the motored all the way over too us with a old rattley 2 stroke out board and got too close and spooked them up the hill.

Attachments

• Summer '13 162.jpg
    Summer '13 162.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Summer '13 140.jpg
    Summer '13 140.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Summer '13 168.jpg
    Summer '13 168.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Summer '13 183.jpg
    Summer '13 183.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Summer '13 197.jpg
    Summer '13 197.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Its a good spot but it does get alot of visitors. If you head up north anywhere shoot me a PM and maybe I can point you in the right direction depending on where you are heading.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
bbrown, thanks for sharing man!!! I enjoy seeing reports such as these just as much as the hunting ones....keep the reports coming man, looks like a great time!

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
Thanks guys - the wife and I had a mini mid summer freak out. Cant believe its almost July and we have not done half the crap we wanted to already.

aron

WKR
Cool pictures bbrown. I hear you on the mini mid summer freak out. I haven't gotten much done either, seems like summer just started here in ND but feels like its almost over as well.

OP
bbrown

bbrown

WKR
I guess on the bright side that means its almost fall which is the time of year we all live for...