Weight Loss Surgery

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Stick with changing your diet and exercise. Remember you didn't put it on overnight, it won't come off overnight.
BTW, I will be 60 at the end of August. On top of that I'm a truck driver and have been for a little over 20 years. Both of those things aren't conductive to helping me lose weight. But I'm up early right now so I can get my walk in this morning before I deliver my load. I've made this a priority in my life.
The best thing I did was to make myself accountable. The friend I have that made himself my coach checks on my periodically. I keep a paper on my fridge with my weekly weight on Sunday so my wife can see it. I have a calorie and exercise app on my phone to log my food intake. I have a watch to log my steps. I posted on this forum about my weight loss. I'm not alone on this journey.
I've had to cut my BP medication in half, I got dizzy bending over. I monitor my BP with a cuff and write it down also. I hope to be off of the medicine when I get to my target weight. My exercise and resting heart rate has dropped. I just plain feel better and when I feel better, I want to do more. I'm considering running a 5k in fall. Can you imagine, 323 lbs in October last year and running a 5k a year later?
Long post but I want to inspire you. If an old fart like me can do it, I know you can. Just don't give up, one step at a time.

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
One more thing and I'll get off the soapbox. Just go hunt. Don't focus on your weight. Get in the best shape you can and go. I planned only 1 elk hunt for myself and now have been on 3 with another planned for next year. Life's too short to wait for weight loss, just go. Yeah it'll kick your butt but you'll love it so much you'll be more prepared for the next time. Focus on fitness, not weight loss. And yes even I got a cow on CO 1st rifle last year. That's 2 cows and a 3x5 for 3 trips. Just go and have a great time. The scenery alone will make it worthwhile bro.

Depends on the surgery. Gastric sleeve along with keto diet and intermittent fasting has worked for me. I am have kept ~100 lbs off for 5 years doing this. I have no problems staying hydrated.

JustinNC

FNG
I know this is an old post but gastric sleeve is the best decision I've made. It helped jump start me back into being a healthy person again. Change of job duties back slid me a little but I'm back at it again. I dropped the weight and then got a physically demanding job where I couldn't keep weight on unless I ate all the time. Now I'm back in a more laid back job and had to dial the eating back again. Good luck in whatever you do!