Weight Loss - What works for me.

sram9102

WKR
Add me to the fasting crowd. If I'm being active I can eat whatever I want to from noon to 5 and shred weight. Nightcaps help keep some of that but I'm still seeing steady decreases in my waist line. I still eat pretty clean though just not all the time.

Sportsman

Lil-Rokslider
I also made an interesting observation in the whitetail woods last winter as I was dragging a deer through the woods, dragging dead weight is an insane full body workout. I've thought about just getting some rope and plates to pull around my yard, but I'm wondering if anyone has a better way to replicate that type of movement?

Farmers walk would be close. Grab two dumbells or kettle bells and start walking. Do one minute repeats.

I'm a couple months shy of 49 and taking a new approach. Weight training is predominantly major muscle groups an dhit them twice per week. Bench, incline, and overhead press. Dead lifts, squats, upright and bent over rows, lay pull downs, flies, and sit-ups. Can't do pull-ups right now because of elbow tendinitis. Need to add lunges but sure hate them.

For running, I've switched from four mile run, three times per week at 9 minute per mile pace to one day of speed work and one day of hill repeats, both 3 mile total distance. I'll add a third day for hiking five miles or so with varying weight.

I also made an interesting observation in the whitetail woods last winter as I was dragging a deer through the woods, dragging dead weight is an insane full body workout. I've thought about just getting some rope and plates to pull around my yard, but I'm wondering if anyone has a better way to replicate that type of movement?

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
We use a tire. There is a 40 lb slam ball in the tire and a bunch of water. Our alley has about 3 percent grade. When it's my turn our 5 year sits in chair and yells at me to hurry (another 40 lbs). This destroys my legs. We do 3 down and backs (120 yards per lap). We do this as a finisher on squat and deadlift days.
aaaa2457558d4716e7d76cb340dc2d3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

PShep93

FNG
Intermittent fasting has appeared to work really well for me, but it is tough to say because at the same time I started the intermittent fasting I began counting macros again and became very conscientious of the quantity and quality of food that I was eating. Over the past couple of years I've gone back and forth counting macros and not counting macros depending on my level of motivation and how busy my work schedule is so my weight has fluctuated pretty significantly. This was my first go at pairing macro counting with intermittent fasting and I'm pretty convinced that I've had better results than just counting macros alone.