Weight of your backcountry clothing system?

Mine currently weighs in at 18 lbs but that is with two extra pairs of underwear and 3 extra pairs of socks for an 11 day trip. I could probably get it down to 15 lbs if I really tried.

How much do your clothes weigh?

OP
dreamingbig
Well I was thinking what was in the pack and on your back. Temps can range from 80 to 85F in the heat of the day down to the mid 20s in pre dawn hours. Rain is likely at least one to three days of the trip.

Mike7

WKR
Looks like 12 1/2 lbs for me for a 5-7 day trip for those temps (including boots and gaiters, but without rain pants).

JG, do you mind giving us the rundown of what you take? It may be that you have some lightweight choices that we haven't thought of and so can learn from, or that you are much more tolerant to potential suffering. :)

JG358

WKR
I didn't include boots and gators... that would put me at 11lbs 8oz or 13lbs 5 oz depending on which boots I take.

2 pairs Merino boxers, 2 pairs socks, long johns(don't know the brand), first lite chama,Kuiu attack pants, Sitka shirt, sitka vest, 90% jacket, a fleece, cheap mad dog rain jacket and Rei trail gators.

Some of the items are new to me but I don't expect to have to add any items... Even for late season hunts. I wouldn't be supprised if I packed 20 plus pounds of clothes the past couple seasons.

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
I'm at 12.6 lbs givin your trip ... I could shave maybe a lb but I'm pretty happy qith my backcountry clothing system for once in my life! Well at least this YEAR :)

FURMAN

WKR
My current setup is right at 9.0lbs on my back and in my pack. I am good with this into the 30s. It gets a little cold in the 20s. This is including rain gear but no boots.

bobhunts

WKR
I guess I will have to weigh it soon as I'm going to Alaska in September but I believe with all of the KUIU stuff I have it will be pretty light. I don't consider boots part of it where I am going but did get the lightest ones I could find. Hip waders are not light. The base layers are all First light one pair and one pair of under Armour for cold. They weigh more. I'll try to weigh what I am bringing and post back later.Bob