Weight sorting brass

Geewhiz

WKR
Another thing to remember; this is the internet. All these cutout targets are probably of guys best groups. Best cherry picked groups with cherry picked ES SD numbers are not showing what a rifle will really do. And here we are talking hunting rifles, not benchrest and match rifles.
When I realized this my life got easier.

I was/am in the process of working up a load and found myself unhappy with a 0.8 moa group, to the point that I trashed my data and started over with different projectiles. At this point I'll fiddle with them but if I only end up at 0.8 again I think I will be content. Heck I probly cant even shoot good enough most days to be consistently sub moa.

Slugz

WKR
Tell us more about your rifle as well?

Iv loaded now for 3 factory tikka 6.5cm barrels. If your getting 1moa or a bit less your doing something right. I have played around with my loads enough to say that it just isn’t a bartlein barrel cut by a good smith. It’s a factory barrel with a factory chamber. You could mess around trying to squeeze .25” out of your group, or you could load some ammo and go learn your gun off the bench.

Just my 2 cents.

Another thing to remember; this is the internet. All these cutout targets are probably of guys best groups. Best cherry picked groups with cherry picked ES SD numbers are not showing what a rifle will really do. And here we are talking hunting rifles, not benchrest and match rifles.
Thats funny right there. Just trying to help. I posted those two groups I shot last week prone off a sandbag after mounting new scopes on two Weaver Custom 280AIs. Our hunting rifles.

Ill just stay on the sidelines from now on😃

Lawnboi

WKR
Thats funny right there. Just trying to help. I posted those two groups I shot last week prone off a sandbag after mounting new scopes on two Weaver Custom 280AIs. Our hunting rifles.

Ill just stay on the sidelines from now on😃
It was a general statement not directed at you, carry on

I post cherry picked groups too 👍

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
When I realized this my life got easier.

I was/am in the process of working up a load and found myself unhappy with a 0.8 moa group, to the point that I trashed my data and started over with different projectiles. At this point I'll fiddle with them but if I only end up at 0.8 again I think I will be content. Heck I probly cant even shoot good enough most days to be consistently sub moa.
Funny ^, I was in the same boat. I have a 1/2 dozen rifles that I load for and get 3/8-5/8 moa out of them. Then I have my favorite hunting rifle (Remington m-7 300saum) that I think I've worn the barrel out on trying to come up with a load. After a few million rounds down the pipe I've figured out its a 1 1/4 gun and no better.

OP
PantherCity
Tell us more about your rifle as well?

Iv loaded now for 3 factory tikka 6.5cm barrels. If your getting 1moa or a bit less your doing something right. I have played around with my loads enough to say that it just isn’t a bartlein barrel cut by a good smith. It’s a factory barrel with a factory chamber. You could mess around trying to squeeze .25” out of your group, or you could load some ammo and go learn your gun off the bench.

Just my 2 cents.

Good to keep in mind. Reasonable expectations are important.

I love when you see a that nice little group posted and the guy has his finger on the target pointing to the group. Maybe I’m cynical but I bet there’s a hole under that finger. But I’m sure it was a called flyer, so it shouldn’t count. I wouldn’t worry about that little guy.

I have a rem model 7 with a trued action and a benchmark barrel cut by a good smith and it will shoot cloverleafs with just about anything. Maybe 1moa ish is all this gun will shoot. It’s a SS T3x cut to 22” with a MBM brake and bedded in an allterra carbon stock with MT rail, Seekins rings NF NXS and MT bottom metal. I’ll probably take this barrel to 2k rounds and rebarrel it to 284 win. I really like this gun and it’s my favorite to shoot. I do get hits on 12” steel out to 700 with it. I need to cut some grass at the ranch to clear a sight line to my 1k target. Maybe I should just buy some bigger steel plates and be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
8487D10E-3C4E-4B42-A244-FA8B2B1CEBA2.jpeg

Do you like this one? I wonder what’s under the nickel. Beats just measuring the good ones and saying the other are fliers!

Sounds like you have a good shooting rifle. If it’s holding a minute out to 700 I wouldn’t want to be an animal in your path. Either way Lapua is good brass, necks much more consistent, and less work to prep. Better yet you can get Berger loaded ammo in Lapua brass for a decent price, well decent before 2020, and not have to waste components fire forming.

OP
PantherCity
View attachment 303616

Do you like this one? I wonder what’s under the nickel. Beats just measuring the good ones and saying the other are fliers!

Sounds like you have a good shooting rifle. If it’s holding a minute out to 700 I wouldn’t want to be an animal in your path. Either way Lapua is good brass, necks much more consistent, and less work to prep. Better yet you can get Berger loaded ammo in Lapua brass for a decent price, well decent before 2020, and not have to waste components fire forming.

I would have loved to find some loaded ammo with lapua brass for the exact reason you mention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
Why would weighing brass do anything for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro