Weighted pack causing hip pain

I experienced the same thing and made the adjustment raising the pack up a bit and the hip flexors felt instant relief.

I will chime in with my experience MR pintler pack. I day hiking in for elk hunting with a buddy. I am 5'9 about 200lbs and older. I was really getting severe pain in my hips and I knew the torso length was set correctly straps and load lifters good but man my hip joints were absolutely killing me. It seems that pack fit sometimes comes down to the size of the lumbar pad but this is unlikely in your case. Below is how I relieved really significant pain in my hips.

My solutions was to loosen my hip belt ever so slightly 1/4 to 1/2 inch at most, I was stunned at how a tiny bit of loosening made such a huge difference. With the ability to really tighten a waist belt down with a pull forward to tighten system, I had actually created too much pressure on my hips. Literally a few minutes after relieving some pressure my hips stopped hurting. I literally breathed a sigh of relief otherwise I knew I was in big trouble with the pain in my hips. My typical total day pack weight lunch, water, decoy, some survival gear, optics, tripod, poles etc is right around 30lbs.

RS3579

WKR
I had the same pain earlier this week. I’ll have to try adjusting the pack a little higher also. I was wearing a Kifaru last chance belt under the pack I’m not sure that was causing the issue. Any recommendations on a good pants belt? Thanks to the OP for this post.

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm gonna try running it higher and see if that doesnt take care of it. Then go from there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
i get the exact same issue on packouts but interestingly enough its typically more prevalent on the descent rather than ascent. When my hips really start to feel it i will loosen my hip belt to the point when almost all of the pack weight is on my shoulders. usually within a couple minutes my hips recover and i cinch the waist back to where it was before. im not a doctor but i think your hips are just getting tired from the heavier load. band work and certain squat, lunge and deadlift routines will probably help.